We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining in Independence

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dining in Independence

It may be a silly question, but is there any higher-end dining in Independence? Otherwise, any nearby suggestions?

Thanks

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining in Independence

Dante's just opened in the old space that used to be Lockkeepers in Valley View (just down Rockside Road, one community over from Independence). I haven't been, but the chef is supposed to be very good.

http://www.danteboccuzzi.com/

There's also Delmonico's, which is quite good and actually in Independence.

www.hospitalityrestaurants.com/delmonicos.php

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining in Independence

I second the recommendation for Dante's.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining in Independence

Independence does cater to the business crowd, so many of the restaurants reflect that - Dante's would be the most upscale in that area. A fun place to go is Shula's 2 - it is a sports bar located in the Hilton, but they have pretty good food, and good steaks. It is a more casual place then the original Shula's Steakhouses.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: dining in Independence

Thanks for the input everyone. Just to let you know, we couldn't get into Dante's on Friday. They were closed for a private function, but they also recommended Delmonico's to me.

We thoroughly enjoyed Delmonico's. The kitchen's touch was surprisingly delicate, especially for a steakhouse.

Thanks again!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dining in Independence

Great! I think you can write a review of the restaurant on this forum to help other travelers too!

6. Re: dining in Independence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 19:20