We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

My husband and I will be meeting friends from Akron for one of the Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Series concerts at Happy Days Visitor Center on Friday evening, Oct. 19. As our friends live in Akron, this is both an opporunity to catch up with one another and also enjoy western swing and string jazz.

We plan to meet at the concert venue about 7-7:15 to get our seats and chat before the concert, but we'd also like to locate a spot where we can go for dessert or a drink plus more conversation afterwards. Given that all this is at the end of the work week and we'll both at least 30-minute drive home, what's the closest place for us to go?

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

That's a tough one as I'm just not as familiar with Akron as I am with Cleveland. However, when me and my spouse expect a late night with drinking in Akron, which happens every few months or so as there is a band in Akron we really like seeing, we try to get an inexpensive hotel room down there instead of facing a long drive back. Would that be an option for you?

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

Valid point, but this would be no more than a single drink rather than "a late night with drinking."

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

Gotcha. I would depend on the Akron friends to suggest a place then, they will likely know where to go that's close by.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

I would try either Russo's located near Cuyahoga Falls located at 4895 State Road (old Route 8) in Peninsula. This is the closest nice place. Excellent Food - they have all kinds of different martini's and cocktails and the desserts are great. I would check with them about how late they are open - 330.923.2665. Also very nice is Lefevers located in downtown Cuyahoga Falls - 2291 Riverfront Parkway, Suite 100, Cuyahoga Falls OH 330.923.4233. They have great food and an excellent view of the falls.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

Laura Taxel herself once recommended Russo's to my husband and me for the quality of food, and subsequently we ate dinner there several years ago with friends from Twin Lakes. This will give us a chance to check out their late-night menu.

6. Re: After Concert in Cuyahoga Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 00:17