We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

We are coming into town for the Kenny Chesney concert in May. We are using this as a mini-getaway.

A few of us are going to the show and my husband is not a fan, so he will be with our 7 month old daughter for a few hours. Is there anything within a safe walking distance for them to do for a few hours while the rest of us are at the show?? Of course, she will not be picky, she'll just be a happy passenger in her stroller. :)

We are already going to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Cleveland Zoo.

Also, any good microbreweries in the area? Restaurants?? I really do not know this area at all. I just hope we picked a decent hotel! Any info will be great! Thanks a lot!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

The Great Lakes Brewery is very popular in Cleveland. Located right off W. 25th Street close to the West Side Market.

www.greatlakesbrewing.com

W.6th Street and W9th Street have alot of nice restaurants - this is known as the warehouse district. In this area is Cleveland Chop House and Brewery, another reasonable place to eat and relax.

I am not sure there is much to do with a 7 month old during the concert. There is Tower City area for shoppping and small restaurants. You would have to check to see if the Great Lakes Science Center is open, perhaps for a movie or something. Or, he can drive out to one of the malls, like Beachwood Mall or Crocker Park in Westlake, if the weather is nice and he wants to walk around. Near Beachwood Mall is Legacy Village, and that is nice to walk around too.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

I think I've heard people say that Memorial Day weekend has lots of stuff going on in Cleveland. I've never been there for Memorial Day so I don't know personally.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to see KC this year. So have a great time for me too.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

I don't know when the concert is/what day of the week, I might be able to make some more suggestions if you can post that. Also, where exactly are you staying so we know what's within "walking distance?"

But I will recommend Bar Cento/Bier Market for your husband. http://www.barcento.com/ http://www.bier-markt.com/ (they are side by side and share space). He could take a cab to this area fairly easily if you are staying in downtown proper. It's on W. 25th just north of Lorain.

If you're here on a Saturday, I definitely recommend a visit to the West Side Market, which is on the corner of W25th and Lorain. Outside are produce vendors but inside is the real goldmine. An old world shopping experience packed with people. You can also grab a bite to eat here at their cafe or at some of the stands that sell prepared foods (there are stands selling brat sandwiches, falafel sandwiches, crepes, smoothies) and it's great people watching if you make your way to the upper level. They're only open until 4 and the best action is earlier in the day.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

I see that the Chesney concert is Saturday, May 24 in Cleveland Browns Stadium. Time?

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

USS Cod Submarine Memorial and Steamship William Mather Museum are east of Browns Stadium area.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

I think the show starts at 3:30 pm

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

The annual Great American Rib Cook Off and Music Festival is in Cleveland May 23-26. Location is

Time Warner Cable Amphitheater at Tower City.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

Ok.. I juat typed a long post.. then poof... it disappears.. let me try this once again....

Anyway, we are staying at the "Crowne Plaza", hopefully it is a decent place to stay. The reviews on here were mixed, but the price was right (for the Rock Hall Package)... so, we went for it. I totally forgot that it was Memorial Day weekend.. good thing we booked early!

The concert starts at 3:30pm, but we don't plan on going until around 7pm. At this point, my husband is thinking that he will just stay at the hotel until we get back instead of venturing out with our daughter.

Hopefully, the "Great Lakes Brewing Company" is within walking distance from the hotel, so my husband and I can make our way over there after the concert!

Thanks for all the feedback! We will be getting into town early to see some of the sights you all mentioned! Thanks again!

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

the brewery is not in walking distance. The Crowne, which by the way is a fine/decent hotel (used to be a sheraton, not much has changed) is in downtown proper. The GL brewery is in Ohio City which is about a 5 minute cab ride away but definitely not walkable, especially with a 7 month old.

If you do not wish to drive or take a cab, you should focus instead on the warehouse district, which is about a 5 minute (or less) walk down St. Clair. Generally speaking, the warehouse district is the area on and around E 6th street. Where 6th and St. Clair meet there are several restaurants right by there. I recommend Crop but it's not cheap (www.cropbistro.com). Most of the restaurants in the warehouse district are a little more expensive than a casual dining place, unfortunately. You might also consider the Cleveland Chophouse & Brewery, which does have good beer. They have HUGE portions so you could split a couple of things and it wouldn't be that expensive. Their food is pretty good too.

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Cleveland for the Kenny Chesney concert....

Ok, thanks for the info.

I guess that I should not assume that "Great Lakes Brewing Company" is a smoke-free establishment (the vast majority of our microbreweries here in Michigan are smoke-free). Anyway, does anyone know if it is? I was thinking that since it is not in walking distance, we would stop in there for lunch before going to the hotel, but I would not want to take our daughter into a smoky place.

There is so much we want to pack into a 48 hour trip! Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Kenny concert, Cleveland Zoo, etc, etc, etc (and still sneak in a nap or two for our daughter).... :)