We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
"New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

I noticed there will be a new Fairfield Inn opening up later this year. However, I looked in my AAA book and the address is the same as the old Holiday Inn. Does anyone know if Marriott is just taking over an old Holiday Inn, remodeling it a little, or doing a total makeover? We visit up there once in a while, and are Marriott rewards members, so any new Marriott property gets my attention. However, if anyone knows how extensive the fix-up is, let me know. We love Fairfield Inns, but probably wouldn't like it if we can still tell its an old hotel with a new sign out front.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

The address and phone number are the same so I am assuming that the Holiday Inn is the process of converting to a Fairfield Inn & Suites. Hope this helps.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

My biggest question is how extensive the fix-up is. To me, Holiday Inns are these 1970's vintage hotels that sometimes turn into Days Inns, Comfort Inns, etc., but just get a fresh coat of paint, and new carpet. They still look, feel, and smell old. Hopefully Marriott will totally gut the inside, and build it new inside. Then it would seem like a Fairfield.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

If you call them, they may have more information. You can also always contact marriott corporate.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

I am not exactly sure but it sounds like pretty much everything is being updated and the hotel is adding a two-story waterslide for the indoor pool in June.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

I am located nearby and it appears to be a complete renovation. They literaly ripped down a restaurant, from what someone recently told me.

If you aren't confident, there is a Hampton Inn very close by that would be very similar to a Fairfield Inn. Alternatively, there is a brand-new Marriott too, but that might be more expensive.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

It is actually a franchise. The Holiday Inn was operated under that franchise and the new Fairfield Inn is under that franchise as well. It is under complete renovation and is scheduled to open in April.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

Thanks, everyone. I was just kinda curious. We've stayed at the Residence Inn Beachwood before-it was free,paying will be expensive. There are a lot of other upscale hotels near-by. We may try the new Fairfield later this year- I guess it 'll be fine- Marriott hasn't disappointed us yet....

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

There is a new Extend Stay off of Cedar and landers, in the business park.

9. Re: "New" Fairfield Inn Beachwood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 02:17