We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
2 posts
Save Topic
getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

Hi:

I'll be visiting the Cleveland Clinic soon and will be staying at the Intercontinental on campus. I'm trying to figure out a way to get from the airport to the hotel by public transportation, but the RTA website is not giving me any options. From the map, it looks like I can take the red line from the airport and get off at the Quincy stop. Is it easy and safe to walk from that station to the hotel? Or should I catch a cab from the station? Thank you!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

The easiest way to the Clinic on public transportation is to take the Red line from the airport to Tower City Station, and then take one the many buses that go right down Euclid Avenue - I think it is bus 6 or the local bus 9 plus many others that go down Euclid. Otherwise you should catch a cab from Tower City if it is too difficult to take the bus.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

The Intercontinental may also have a shuttle - did you check with them????

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

I agree with LL, red line to tower city and then either take a bus or a cab.

NY
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

Thank you again for the help, LL and rockandroller!

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

The Intercontinental does offer a shuttle from the airport for $35 one way.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

Remember that there are two (2) Intercontinental Hotels on the Cleveland Clinic Campus. Be sure to note the name and street of the hotel (esp. if you are going to take a taxi or shuttle). If you want to get to the Clinic Campus cheaper than a taxi, take one of the airport shuttle services, which MUST be pre-arranged before the trip (do a search or email me for more info). Shuttle drivers are not supposed to solicit persons for rides at the airport (due to the taxi cab lobby). However, if you arrive without a reservation, go to the Welcome Center in the center of the baggage claim level (between baggage claim 5 & 6) and look for shuttle company brochures or call from one of the info. kiosks on the baggage claim level. They usually have a driver or 2 in the vicinity and could pick you up in 10-15 minutes.

The cheapest option, if you don't mind the walk and transferring, is using public transportation ($2.00 per trip fare-no free transfers-starting in Nov. 2008). I agree with some of the other posters to take the Red Line train to Tower City Center and then take the brand new "Health Line" bus rapid transit. Do NOT get off at the Red Line Quincy stop and walk, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area and/or have a bag (it's not the best neighborhood and it's quite a far walk). If you are staying at the Intercontinental Hotel & Conference Center on Carnegie Ave. get off at the E. 105 St. station., backtrack a block to E. 100 St. and walk 1 block south to the hotel. If you are staying at the Intercontinental Hotel & Suites on Euclid Ave., get off at the E. 89 St. station and the hotel is right there. Hope this helps.

7. Re: getting to the Cleveland Clinic from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 08:17