We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland Airport-need help!

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
12 posts
Save Topic
Cleveland Airport-need help!

I will be flying into Cleveland airport in June. In looking at their website they do not list what airline uses what concourse.

I like to map out where I will need to go beforehand but I can't even find this most elementary information. I see there are four concourses and looks like the baggage claim is on a lower level. I have to catch a shuttle also and do not where that is.

I've emailed the airport at their website twice and have not received a reply.

I am an anxious person and it really helps me to have all the information I can.

Can anyone help? I'm flying Continental.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

Continental flies out of Terminals C and D - D is the terminal where most of the smaller jets fly out from more regional cities. I would think you are in Terminal D if you are flying in from Kansas City. Are you on a smaller jet with 50 seats?? That is the clue as to which terminal. Terminal D is quite a far walk from the main part of the terminal where baggage claim and check in is done.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

You can go to the Continental web site and put in your flight number. It will tell you the gates for the current flight. That will give you an idea of where you will arrive at.

Kansas City
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

You both answered my question, thanks so much! Is the lower level baggage claim for all the flights? It looks like I'll be in Concourse D as the plane I'm flying only seats 50. That looks to be quite a walk!

Cleveland Heights...
Level Contributor
196 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

When you take the elevator or the escalator from gate D area, there will be golf cart shuttles that can take you the next concourse. From there, it's not a bad walk to baggage claim, which is on the lower level.

I totally understand being anxious about a new airport, the Chicago airport drives me crazy, but Cleveland is pretty manageable.

The shuttles for the local hotels/car rentals is just outside of the baggage claim area, very easy.

Kansas City
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

thank you kcjones you've been a big help too. I am now armed with what I need to know.

A huge thank you to everyone!!!

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

I agree with the previous posters. Yes, concourse D is a walk, but this is nothing compared to really big cities' airports. All the "concourses" are in one building. It's very manageable and baggage claim is well marked.

7. Re: Cleveland Airport-need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 14:21