We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

I am looking for a romantic restaurant, price range around $30 or $50, spouse is kind of a picky eater though. No french, nothing "weird", nothing "raw", no fish, etc., LOL. Italian, steak places are on the safe list. We are mainly looking for candle light, quiet music, no kids. We will be there in June.

Thanks for any help!!

ohio
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

Not particularly romantic but would be good for a meat eater. Not so romantic because it is a brazillian steak house and they keep bringing cuts of meat over to the table. But I really like it alot.

Brasa Grill

http://www.brasagrillsteakhouse.com/

they have another restaurant next door

http://www.mallorcacleveland.com/

I ate there for lunch once. It was very good. Probably more romantic.

I am assuming you are talking 30 - 50 a person otherwise I'm beyond your price range. There are alot of great choices in Cleveland. I just don't get to Cleveland that often to eat.

Hopefully someone will have more suggestions for you.

Heidi

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

$30-50 per person or total? I will assume you mean per person.

I'm having a tough time thinking of places for you and I know a LOT of restaurants in Cleveland. The smaller/more intimate places might skew towards "weird" (not sure what that means). How about Dante? It's in Independence.

http://www.restaurantdante.us/

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

There are some nice restaurants in Little Italy -plus it is very romantic to perhaps eat outside on a patio or take a walk around the galleries. One of the more romantic restaurants is Baracelli Inn (expensive)!!

Visit www.littleitalycleveland.com for more information. There is a list of some of the more popular restaurants on that website.

Unfortunately, the more popular restaurants are not that quiet!! Music, food, people talking, although you will not run into that many children.

Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

thanks everyone. It's 30-50 per person. By weird I mean my spouse (guy) eats like a picky little kid. No mushrooms, all fat must be cut off the meat, pretty much only likes meat & potatoes, spaghetti, pizza, hamburgers. It really limits us.

Will probably try the Little Italy idea.

thanks again.

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

I know it can be tough deciding on a place to go with picky eaters...

My favorite place for romantic/special occasions is Fahrenheit in the Tremont area.

www.fahrenheittremont.com

Lolita Bistro, in the same neighborhood, is also nice and romantic - though louder than Fahrenheit, but it is also cheaper, so that might play into the decision a bit.

I hope where-ever you pick you have a fantastic time! :)

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

I would not send someone who doesn't like "weird" food to Lolita. It's not exactly big bowls of spaghetti and meatballs.

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

I agree :) but if they are looking for something "special" vs. the typical restaurant they might be interested in checking it out.

If you're like me, I'm sure you'll check out all of the websites and menus before going - hope you have fun deciding :)

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

Completely agree. Lolita is one of our best restaurants. But I have dated those types of picky eaters before. I wish the original poster luck in finding the right place. please let us know how it goes.

ohio
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

Hey I think I'm going to try to get reservations to Fahrenheit this weekend. I checked out the website and it looks really good.

I've been to Lolita once and I liked it. But I don't think it is romantic. I remember it being very busy and noisy, more of a happening place.

Probably Little Italy is her best bet. But I still think Brasa grill would be a possibility. I think her husband would like the food.

Heidi

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Restaurants in Cleveland, need suggestions please

I am so glad this topic was started! I was not familiar with most of these restaurants and now I am finding a lot of new places I want to try! :)

You're right! After I had posted about Lolita I then remembered the noise level doh!

That is awesome you might go to Fahrenheit! I know they just updated their menu for the Spring. I need to get there again asap!

Let us know how it is if you go!