We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

Just came back from Cleveland. We got there at 10:30am, and Checked in Crowne Plaza (Entertainment Book Rate $79). The man behind the desk was so extremely accomadating. He let us check in early, we really didn't expect that, it was just so early. He wanted to upgrade us to lake view on 21st floor. But, hubby has a fear of heights. So, he offers us 14th floor, bigger room. We loved our room, so much space, and the bed was the best comfy sleep!!!! :)

We just loved the friendly staff in this hotel, it really was the perfect hotel for us.

Then off we went to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum. We walked & it was a great sunny day. We enjoyed everything this museum had to offer. We ended up staying 5.5 hours, I honestly thought we'd only been there 2 hours. Time really flew. The Doors exhibit is not to be missed. Very Interesting, and they had film constantly running of some of his music tours. Plus, all the interesting facts about him. Then the Beatles Movie Help, and then all the exhibits on that. The movie on all the past Hall of Fame Inductees is not to be missed. We started at the top and worked our way down to the bottom floor, that was recommended to us by where we purchased our tickets. Best advice, missed alot of the crowds who start at the 1st floor. Just a great museum. Then we walked back by our hotel, and took a 10 minute walk to the Cleveland Chop House from our hotel. Perfect advice from the Cleveland Expert, thanks :)

We had a few micro brews and 1/2 price $14 Appitizer. It was happy hour. It was great, calamari, shrimp, onion rings, and chicken tenders & so many sauces to go with them. It was so much, we couldnt finish it. It was perfect. Then back to hotel, as we got up at 4:00am this morning and were exausted. (had to meet our daugther in columbus for breakfast before she went to work, on the drive up to cleveland.)

We had a great nite. We woke up after a greats nite sleep, and went to Goodtime III. What a great narrative tour, it took 2 hours, and their sound system you could hear every word. It was a great way to spend the morning before we left, seeing all those different style bridges, and the different views of Clevelands skyline is not to be missed. Then we had to check out. But, before we left, we drove to the Flats, to Rockbottom for lunch. We sat in the bar in a booth. Restaurant was not crowded, but, we had a very nice young man as a server, and we both enjoyed our Reuben Sandwich, and Meatloaf and Mashed Potato entree. I enjoyed a Pale Ale, and my hubby had water, as we had a long drive home. :(

We both want to go back. My advice is, if you go to Lakefront sites, stay within walking distance. It was just fantastic. Next time we'll stay by Tower City, and walk and see all that area has to offer. There is just so much to do in Cleveland, and Im really glad we saw a bit of it. We will go again, and hopefully stay longer, there is just sooo much to see and do. Kudos to Cleveland, This city of Cleveland truly does "ROCK!!!!'

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

I am so glad you reported back and that you had such a great trip!

If you get the time, see if Crowne has a corporate email address where you could mention the great service and how pleased you were with their properties - these comments always get passed down to the local property manager and they are greatly appreciated by the staff who work at hotels.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
158 reviews
2. Re: Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

Wonderful trip report - thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed your tour. Did you also post a review for the hotel under the Hotel part of Tripadvisor??? That is very helpful to other travelers!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

no, I'll post a hotel report now. We had such a great trip. We both really enjoyed your great city. I love this forum, it gives great advice and info from fellow travelers and town experts, like yourself. Keep up the great work you do to help others. Thanks again :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

thanks rock&roller, Im gonna email corporate website on this stay, it was just the BEST!!!

The buildings, architecture, all this town had to offer, was very complimented by such a wonderful stay at the Crowne Plaza Downtown. Thanks for all advice for Cleveland, thats what makes this website the best!!!!! :)

5. Re: Trip Report for overnite trip.... :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 10:20