We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Cleveland hotel help

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Cleveland hotel help

My husband and I are stopping in Cleveland for one night at the end of our vacation. We are stopping at the Football HOF on the way in and then hitting the Rock n Roll HOF the next morning before heading home. Does it make more sense to stay in the city area or are the surrounding areas convenient? How much is it to park for the day if we stay outside and drive in for the morning?

North Olmsted
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Cleveland hotel help

Parking downtown is around $10 or $12. I know there is parking by the Rock Hall. Also downtown has a great hotel Marriott at Key Tower. Not sure on the price.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Cleveland hotel help

If you like more of nightlife, I would spend the evening in downtown Cleveland and hit the Warehouse district with the restaurants - or the East 4th Street area and dine at Lola's, House of Blues, Pickwick & Frolics, etc. If you prefer a quieter evening, you could stay in Independence which is about 15 minutes south of Cleveland off Interstate 77.

Brook Park, Ohio
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Cleveland hotel help

The hotels in Independence on Rockside, off I-77 are a very good value. Nice establishments for a decent price. There are also many restaraunts and a few bars, both east and west of Rockside. Independence/ Seven Hills is a very nice suburban area, like previously stated, less than 15 minutes from downtown. As long as there is not a special event like an Indians game, you can find parking for $5, or free on the street on the weekend.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in Cleveland hotel help

You'll probably pay for parking downtown one way or another - if you stay in the 'burbs, you'll have to pay when you come downtown to the rock hall. So I'd just stay downtown and walk to the rock hall to avoid a 2nd parking charge.

5. Re: One night in Cleveland hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 07:16