We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in late November??

Aldan, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
413 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
weather in late November??

If anyone read my posts, we decided to stay in Independence on rockside at the embassy suites hotel. Its only 1 nite and i had coupons from expedia so i got the king room with sofabed for only 50 bucs after coupons..

Anyways, i didnt ask before, but whats the average weather like in late novembers end?? since we will be in ohio from thanksgiving til sunday the 30th. we are only in cleveland area til friday late afternoon, then driving down to columbus. is weather similar in columbus ? or due to not being near water like cleveland its not the same... just want an idea of what to wear and pack. thanks again

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in late November??

As my husband and I were married on Nov. 30 six years ago, I can advise you to be prepared for a wide range of weather possibilities on that date. The morning of 11/30/02 was mild and sunny; as we drove to the church, it was wet and windy; by 4 fat snowflakes were falling prettily; within an hour the roads were slippery and treacherous. Hopefully 11/30/08 won't be similar.

Two of my adult children, who live in Columbus, say it's always warmer there, but be forewarned that they're more likely to have problems with ice than snow.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in late November??

I agree, best thing to do is watch the forecast on weather.com and be as prepared as you can. It will be cold but there could be no snow and dry or there could be a whole bunch of snow, or snow and ice mixed. The good thing is at the beginning of the cold weather season the salt trucks and road crews are much more responsive to storms than later on in the season.

Once you get south of Cuyahoga County the weather improves dramatically most of the time in the winter, but it depends on the type of storm we're having.

Brook Park, Ohio
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in late November??

We can get just about any type of weather. It can be sunny and in the mid 60's or bitterly cold with lots of snow. Generally its safe to say highs in the 30's and lows in the 20's, give or take 10 degrees. Especially in November, we can get a significant amount of lake effect snow, which can drop mass amounts of heavy, wet snow in a short period of time. The further south you get from Lake Erie, the lesser the snow amounts, as far as lake effect. Columbus is generally warmer in the fall and spring, and should be a few degrees higher than in Cleveland around this time. Obviously, its way too far away to predict.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in late November??

Cleveland is definitely colder than Columbus in the winter. Thanksgiving weekend is supposed to be cold, so bundle up!

Hope this helps!

G_is_for_Go

5. Re: weather in late November??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 12:19