We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are travelling over for a concert in August and arriving in Cleveland. We'd love to hire a F350 to drive around in while we are there (3 days or so) Does anyone know a place that rents trucks?

Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

I don't know of any trucks except for the Home Depo offers "moving trucks" that you can rent for the day!!! However, most of the car companies would have large SUV vehicles if you can't find a truck. Most SUVs have a truck body anyway!

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

I would just contact the regular rental companies and ask if they can get one as a special order (try calling the local counter directly if you can find the number, instead of the 800 number). Enterprise, Thrifty, etc. There's no special truck-rental place that I know of, other than moving type trucks.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

Check out www.valleyfordtrucks.com The do rent F250 and F350's, but they are work trucks.

Ohio
Level Contributor
306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

Why do you want to rent an F350? Are you planning to tow something? If you just want to cruise around in a pick-up truck, you be more comfortable (better ride) and get better gas mileage in an F150.

Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yeah I think an F150 would probably be better, good point on the fuel prices.

Um, no we don't plan on towing anything. My husband just really loves the F trucks and they don't import to Australia anymore. He's always wanted to get one so driving around in one in the states for a while will have to do him.

If we can't get an F truck rental even a dodge or something like that would be okay.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

definately contact one of the rental car places at whatever airport you're flying into. i have rented F150s and Dodge Rams from Enterprise with no problem over the years. Really though, I'm a chevy girl, and love the Silverados.

Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

Thanks so much!! I haven't heard of Enterprise before, looks like just what I'm after.

8. Re: Hiring a F Truck In Ohio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 18:19