We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carolina GIrl
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

My husband, 2 year-old daughter, and I will be making a trip to Cleveland to visit family in November or December. Two years ago we stayed at the Marriott at Key Center, and it was OK. Nothing special. My husband is being a snob about it all and said that he wanted to stay somewhere nicer. So, I suggested the Ritz-Carlton since it's the only hotel I could find that appears to have marble bathtubs. Of course he doesn't want to pay $269/night. So, any suggestions on nicer places to stay? We will probably be all over the city shopping and such, so proximity isn't that important. I just want to stay somewhere really nice for less than what the Ritz is asking. Oh, and I am a federal government employee if you know of any hotels that give that type of rate (the Marriott did).

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

Well, the Ritz would be the most upscale. Unless you want to stay in something like a bed & breakfast, for example the Baricelli Inn in Little Italy, or Glidden House in University Circle. Otherwise, most of the hotels are chains, like Hilton Garden Inn, the Hyatt Arcade is located off Euclid Avenue but was refurbished from an old arcade (some people don't like that) or in the suburbs which are all chains.

Carolina GIrl
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

Any thoughts on the Doubletree downtown?

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

We always stay at the Hampton Inn on East Ninth St. The service is impeccable, and a great breakfast buffet is included in the price. (You do have to pay extra for parking, in the ramp across the street.)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

WE are staying at the DoubleTree next weekend. I will post my review when we return.

Carolina GIrl
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

I am looking forward to that Doubletree review.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

I will make sure to do it right away then. When I call them they are very nice even though I booked through priceline. They already gave me my room # and said we have a lakeside view. WE will see.

7. Re: Nicer hotels downtown or on west side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 05:40