We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

We are going to be in downtown Cleveland for 2 nights, then to downtown Akron for a show (2 more nights), then back to Cleveland for 1 night near the airport. Do we have to rent a car or is there any public transportation we could use. Having to pay for a rental car and pay to park it downtown the whole time seems like a waste of money, since we would be walking in the downtown areas while we stay in those cities. We are from San Francisco and have never been to Ohio before! Any suggestions?

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

wcarolyn,

The distance between Cleveland and Akron is approx. 30 miles. I do not think that you can get a bus to take you that length of your trip, but you could poss get a cab.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

Public Transportation would be very difficult - you would probably have to take three or four buses just to get you to where you would pick up a bus to Akron!

You may want to check with your hotel here in Cleveland to see if you can get a private car driver scheduled to take you down to Akron and then back to the hotel near the airport.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

Actually, I just did a search and found that there is a website

www.akronmetro.org

the Akron bus system offers express service from downtown Cleveland to Akron - but you would need to find out where your hotel is and if the bus stops close to the hotel

The bus numbers are x60-61.

search for akron bus express to cleveland and it came up with the express bus lines.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

check out www.ecocitycleveland.org also lists an express bus line.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

I looked at the website but it doesn't list the #60 or #61 buses. Where do I find the info for them?

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

akronmetro.org/MapsSchedulesSummer2009.html

Then click on Northcoast Express link. Note that the bus serves commuters Mon-Fri only, with a few buses in each direction. Cost is only $5.

I would strongly recommend renting a car. Life will be so much easier.

Where are you staying in each city?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

In Cleveland, we are staying at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Gateway for 2 nights (probably go to an Indians game), then at the Akron City Centre Hotel for 2 nights, then back to Cleveland at the La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport the last night before we fly home early the next morning. The problem with renting a car is that we will have to pay a lot to park each day at each hotel. We plan to walk or take cabs in the cities. We love walking and we take lots of public transportation in the San Francisco area. We also think the weather would be good on Labor Day weekend, right?

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

As long as you commute between Akron & Cleveland on weekdays during the limited service times offered by Akron Metro, you should be OK. Will you have lots of luggage? I have no idea what kind of room there is on the Metro bus. The LaQuinta Inn is, however, very accessible, right on the Red Line (Puritas Station) to and from the airport and downtown.

9. Re: Getting from Cleveland to Akron and back?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 05:18