We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

We're planning a trip to Cleveland the last weekend of Sept. to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of fame. We'll be there on a Saturday. As of now I have reservations at the Embassy suites, which I believe is very close to there. We thought we could just walk there from the hotel,or take the hotel shuttle- good idea or bad? Does anyone have any different recommendations as to where to stay? Would it be better to stay outside the city and drive in (we'll have our car)? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

You can walk to the RRHOF from your hotel - are you planning to go anywhere else??? Staying in a suburb will help you save some parking money when you have to park at a downtown hotel,compared to parking an a Saturday if you drive in for the day. But the hotel is very convenient for walking.

Castleton On...
Level Contributor
166 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

How was your visit? Did you end up staying at the Embassy Suites? We are considering a trip build around going to the RRHOF and am trying to figure out where the best place to stay is. We do enjoy a nice B & B so am wondering what section of Cleveland is best to consider. We will also have our car.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
Level Contributor
36 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

We just stayed at the Embassy at the end of August and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is a converted apartment building so the rooms have a huge living room area. The Embassy offers a shuttle, but the R&R Museum is a very short walk. They offer the shuttle to take you anywhere you want in the Downtown area. There is a Hampton Inn that's a bit closer to the museum and also centrally located to everything. We walked by it and it looks very nice. From the Embassy and the Hampton you can easily walk to the 4th Street area where there is a House of Blues and other restaurants. There's a comedy club there, outdoor cafes, a bowling place - lots of fun stuff. Cleveland is much nicer than I expected; they've done alot to clean up their downtown. Unfortunately, the recent downturn in the economy hasn't helped, but it still was a nice place to visit. The R&R Hall of Fame is great - if you have AAA, you can get discounted tickets, but you have to buy them before you visit as there are NO DISCOUNTS at the museum. Have fun!

Castleton On...
Level Contributor
166 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

thats for the tips on AAA as I know many places do accept it at the box office...we'll likely buy a disocunted two-day pass as my husband and I are music junkie and may not be bale to do it during one day

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
Level Contributor
36 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

It's not as big as you'd think it is. We thought it would take about an hour ... but actually it took us almost 4 hours. We did, however, go on a Thursday so there were far less people than on heavily visited days / seasons, etc. If you're a Springsteen fan, don't miss his exhibit on the top floor as it's not a permanent exhibit. I think he kept ever memento of his career and they're on display here! This is also where Sirius Radio broadcasts and you can see the booth. The museum has one or two large floors of stuff, but you must keep going up floors to see it all. There aren't alot of signs that keep you flowing in that direction; it's sort of a self-guided tour where you can meander at your own pace. We found this museum much more interesting after we watched the "Mystery Train" short film that's at the entrance. The museum is more about the how and why of rock n roll vs. just displaying a bunch of guitars. The interactive computers where you can link influences of artists is also very interesting. If you love music, you will love this place. Have a great time - and please post your experience at the museum's reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Castleton On...
Level Contributor
166 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

will do! thanks for all of that!

7. Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 05:16