We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland trip this weekend

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cleveland trip this weekend

Hi! I'm trying to pack for my first weekend in Cleveland. Will probably find a pub Friday night. Going to Great Lakes Brewing Co. then to the Indians Game Saturday evening. I checked the weather and it's supposed to be in the mid 70's. Any suggestions on what to pack?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

Layers would be best but I would also pack some rain gear just in case. A light waterproof jacket with a hood works well or just a rain poncho!

The weather in the evenings has been nice and comfortable. Summer clothing should work very well.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

You might want to check out Bar Cento for Friday night, it's very near GLBC.

I agree with the layers suggestion and to bring rain gear. It's pretty humid here right now so even though the temps will be cooler, you'll want cooler clothes for during the daytime.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

Thank you!

Was thinking shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and a jacket for the game. Jeans, tank & sweater for the bars. Will that work?

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

Sure will! Report back and let us know how your trip goes.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

Cleveland was a blast! Thanks for your advice. We got in late Friday so grabbed beers at the hotel bar and drank a couple in the room (Hilton across from the baseball stadium). It was a nice place and very convenient.

Turned out to be too cold for shorts and a t so thank you for suggesting the layers or I would've frozen!

We had fun on the tour of Great Lakes Brewing Co and the dinner we had there was fantastic! I saw less than great reviews for them on here but I loved my sirloin, delicious potatoes and green beans. The pretzel apps are apparently made with yeast from the beer and paired with their Elliot Ness Beer I was a happy girl! The other 5 in my party equally raved about their food.

The Indians game was a blast but I think I most enjoyed dancing with my girlfriends at The Blind Pig! The band was a lot of fun. It was a bit of a pick up bar which wasn't exactly what we were looking for but no one got too agressive so it was great!

Thanks again for the advice! If you're ever headed to Louisville, let me know and I'll try to return the favor!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

glad you had such a great time!!!

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

Thanks for reporting back, we're so glad you enjoyed your trip!

8. Re: Cleveland trip this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 05:18