We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental Baggage

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
772 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Continental Baggage

Does anyone know how we can get free baggage for Continental? My FIL is flying next month and we could really use this.

He is a vet, but they only offer free baggage to active duty.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental Baggage

The only way would be to do a carry on and buy things here!!!

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental Baggage

your only options are to fly first class, pay for a full-fare economy ticket, fly frequently enough to earn their "elite" status, or I believe you can now open certain checking/credit card accounts and receive a free checked bag (you'd have to check their website...can't recall which ones off the top of my head).

Or you can do carry-on only.

So, unless you spend a lot of money flying all the time, you'll just have to pay the checked bag fee. If you buy your tickets online and pay for the checked bags in advance, you can save about $5 per bag, as opposed to paying at the airport.

3. Re: Continental Baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 06:22