We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland Airport to Downtown

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cleveland Airport to Downtown

We will be flying to Cleveland next Thursday. I know we could take a cab, which I hear would be around $35-40. Also public transportation (RTA) is $2. and the stop is around 4 blocks from our hotel, the Radisson, across from the ballpark. I heard there is a Ohio Connection Shuttle for around $10. Any recommendations?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

Also check to see what the Radisson recommends - they could have a shuttle. Public Transport is the cheapest way to go and is very quick from the airport. Depending on the amount of luggage you have and if you can walk with luggage you can certainly take the RTA.

The Ohio Connection Shuttle is $16 per person from the airport to your hotel downtown ($10.00 per person for two or more people. They also mention prepaid roundtrips if you need them.

www.ohconnection.com

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

I definitely recommend the rapid (RTA), but I don't think it's $2. It's $4.50 for a single ride I believe. You could walk from Tower City, the downtown stop to the Radisson, but it's a pretty good stretch of the legs and could be annoying with luggage, especially if it's raining. Depends on your outlook, your traveling companions (if any) and how much luggage you're bringing, plus the weather. If it's a nice day and you don't mind the walk, I'd do the rapid and walk to the hotel. I would estimate it will take you 20 minutes.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
446 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

The RTA fare is $2 for a single ride until Sept. 1 when it increases to $2.25. The all day pass is $4.50 ($5.00 after 9/1). For details check out http://www.riderta.com/pd_airport.asp

If you choose a shuttle option, remember that you should pre-arrange rides before you arrive in CLE, as they are not supposed to solicit your business directly at the airport (due to cab regulations). If you don't call ahead, you can call them from the airport information kiosks and you will probably have a bit longer wait for the shuttle/limo to arrive.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

Thanks for the info. We probably will try the RTA since, being San Franciscans, we use public transit. The only thing is that our flight arrives at 7:45 pm. Does it run as often at around 8:15pm?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

Thanks for the info. The Radisson does not have their own shuttle. We probably will try the RTA since, being San Franciscans, we use public transit. The only thing is that our flight arrives at 7:45 pm. Does it run as often at around 8:15pm? If the flight arrives late, we may use the Ohio Connection shuttle.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
446 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

As you can see from the timetable here (http://www.riderta.com/schedules/rt66wk.html), the trains run every 20 minutes that time of a weeknight evening leaving on the "8's" (:08, :28, :48), except for the last train which leaves the airport at 1:13 am. Trip takes about 25 minutes to Tower City.

If you are arriving on Sept. 3, the direct walkway from Tower City to Progressive Field will not be open, as the Tribe is not at home until Sept. 4, so you will have to walk down Huron Road (behind Tower City-ask RTA staff or follow signs to Huron Road exit from the mall) to your hotel.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

Thank you for your in-depth information! I printed out the schedule and will ask the staff (in the airport or the train driver?) to let us know how to get to the Radisson without having access to the walkway. I suppose we will be using that walkway when we go to Friday night's game. We're SF Giants fans, but we'll root for the Tribe!

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
446 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

Ask at the RTA station at Tower City for directions. You won't need the walkway, as your hotel is right around the corner from Progressive Field. The walkway is only open on event days/nights at the ballpark or the Q, and connects the Tower City Center (where the RTA station is located, as well as some shops/restaurants/the Ritz and Renaissance Hotels, directly to Gateway (the name of the sports complex). Have fun in Cleveland. Let us know how things work out.

9. Re: Cleveland Airport to Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 06:18