We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of Blues area

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
House of Blues area

My kids want me to take them to a concert at the House of Blues on April 16. Is there anything in the area I can do if I just drop them off? Concert starts at 6:30. Will probably end around 10 I'm guessing. If we decide to stay the night, is there an easy hotel in the area to get to? We are comming from Erie Pa. 2 hours away. Thanks:)

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
542 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House of Blues area

it's on a side street that has many upscale restaurants and some bars. You could maybe go across the street and see the comedy show at Pickwick and Frolic Restaurant?

I'm sure of the closest hotel.. maybe the Renaissance? You might want to give House of Blues a call - they would be able to tell you the closest hotel

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: House of Blues area

Thank you, very helpful info.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
542 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House of Blues area

I'm not very familiar with downtown as I haven't lived here that long.. but I went to Pickwick and Frolic about 2 weeks ago - the food was incredible and I noticed House of Blues directly across the street. Also, about 1 block away was the Q .. that's where the Cleveland Cavaliers play. There is also a huge parking garage that you can park at.. it was $15.00.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House of Blues area

There are several nice restaurants on E.4th Street and the hotels around there are the Marriott in the Key Tower, the Ritz in Tower City and the Renaissance. Tower city has a movie theater complex so you could see a movie while waiting.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House of Blues area

There are probably a dozen hotels that are within 5-10 minutes of the HOB. Pickwick is a good suggestion for entertainment, though I think their food leaves a lot to be desired. There is also an upscale bowling alley on the same street called the Corner Alley - it's expensive, but would be fun to do while you wait.

The residence inn is sort of at the "top" of E 4th street (where the HOB) is, on Prospect, and the rooms are only around $100 a night. The Holiday Inn express is at the "bottom" of 4th on Euclid, and is similarly priced. The Renaissance and the Ritz are also close by but would be about twice as much. There is also a Hyatt there, you can get to it with a guest keycard from Euclid, though the main entrance is one more street north, on Superior. There are also several other hotels just a little further out.

There are a lot of great restaurants on 4th. You could go get something to eat and then bowl a game or go to pickwick, it would be a fun evening. Or see if Wonder Bar is playing some live music. Or if you just want to chill afterwards at a hotel, you have some decent options. Some of the restaurants on 4th include Greenhouse Tavern, Michael Symon's Lola (reservations would probably be needed), Saigon, La Strada, Flannery's Pub and the recently opened (and delicious) Chinato.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House of Blues area

What's your budget for hotels? These are all within walking distance of E. 4th Street (a very cool and happening part of downtown-here is the neighborhood's website: http://www.east4thstreet.com/): Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown, Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, Hyatt Regency Cleveland-Arcade.

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: House of Blues area

Thank you all for your help. I may need some more. I have decided on the Comfort Inn on 18th/Euclid. This was the best price I could find. $89+tx.and +parking fee. So far my plan is to drop the kids off at the concert. I will probably just chill at the hotel until its time to pick them up. We want to go to Tower City and Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday. UGH=/ I can't seem to make heads or tails out of the distance of these two places from where I will be starting out from (the hotel). Neither within walking distance, correct? Is it easy to park your car at either place? It does not seem from reading information that either one is easy. thank you again:)

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: House of Blues area

also, forgot to ask....is there anything else "cooler" than Tower City and Rock that my 16 and 19 yr. olds would rather see? So far they are excited, but I might be missing something better. They like music and shopping and video games. ha-ha Thanks:)

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House of Blues area

I can tell you that in my opinion, that comfort inn is a dump and not in the nicest neighborhood. There is a reason nobody suggested it. I would rebook if you can. You also cannot easily walk from the hotel to or from anywhere you want to go, it's fairly far.

There is no designated parking lot for the RRHOF. If you can get a metered parking spot in front, or anywhere along browns stadium, adjacent to the rock hall and the science center, that's your best bet. Otherwise you will have to pay to park, there are some paid parking lots and garages fairly close to the hall. Tower City's parking entrance is on Huron and can be difficult to find. It's kind of behind tower city.

I would seriously suggest you get a closer hotel and just walk to these places. You're going to save yourself the parking money which would have been the difference between a slightly nicer hotel than the comfort inn and all the extra you'll pay in parking. If you stay at the crowne or doubletree, you'll be about 5 minutes walk to the HOF, 5-10 to tower city. If you stay at the marriott, maybe 10 minutes. If you stay at the HI Express, Hyatt or Residence Inn you'll be about 15-20 mins walk to the HOF and 5 mins to tower city.

If your kids are at all into music, I would def. suggest the hall of fame. There is also a movie theater in tower city if you guys want to catch a film while you're there.

ohio
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House of Blues area

Why don't you try priceline? It has been some time ago but I got a deal on the Hyatt though priceline.

Heidi