We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Cleveland Zoo Photography

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Information on Cleveland Zoo Photography

I am planning to be in Cleveland this Monday (March 22) for the

day . I am an avid nature photographer who is interested in

visiting the Clevend Zoo for about 4 hours..

Since the zoo is so large ... {165 acres} ...

Can you please advise what areas and animals are open this time of year ?

What are the best photographic opportunities ...?

Thank you

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information on Cleveland Zoo Photography

You should call the zoo for more information, but the indoor rainforest is open year round - if the weather is nice (and today is a nice day) the animals may be outside in their enclosures, although we have a primate / cat building, and many indoor buildings that are accessible to visit.

You might consider visiting the Cuyahoga Valley National Park - there is alot of wildlife there, and the settings are beautiful too. We have nesting eagles, (although that may be blocked off ) lots of birds, deer and coyotes too. You can walk some of the trails of the park to see if you can catch some of the inhabitants.

www.nps.gov/cuva/

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information on Cleveland Zoo Photography

Well, the zoo is open all year but it's hard to say what animals will actually be outside in this weather. I think the zoo's website has some good info. See the slideshow of winter, virtual tour, etc.

http://www.clemetzoo.com/

Toronto Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Information on Cleveland Zoo Photography

I was not aware of the park. Thank you.

4. Re: Information on Cleveland Zoo Photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 05:18