We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

Visiting our 23 year old son very soon over a Friday to Sunday who just moved to Cleveland and lives downtown on West Lakeside Avenue across from Brown Stadium. Need recommendations for the most reasonably priced hotels near that area that may get us to him without driving in (Parking issue)? We don't need anything fancy but need CLEAN. We would like to treat him also to a nice dinner, again NOT formal/fancy but not a chain and GOOD food or maybe something fun? Thank You.

Mentioned in this post
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

downtown hotels will all have parking charges if you decide to stay downtown. There are several hotels downtown that are reasonable, including the Hilton Garden Inn, and the holiday inn express.

The Chop House Brewery is very good - located in the Warehouse district. There is also Flannery's Pub on East 4th St. and Prospect - Cleveland has alot of good restaurants!!!

Mentioned in this post
USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

Dear LL:Thank you so much for the prompt reply. Will look into those accomodations. I noted some posts indicated staying outside of downtown and taking the "rapid" train in, however unsure how that would work for us. What do you know of Tremont Tap House, Lola or Red for a 23 year olds Birthday dinner?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

Lola is one of the most popular restaurants in Cleveland, the "Iron Chef" winner Michael Symon's first restaurant in Cleveland - Red is located in Beachwood - primarily a steak restaurant and very good. I haven't been to the Tremont Tap House, so I can't comment on it, although the Tremont area is very popular

Mentioned in this post
Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

Tremont Tap House is awesome but it's an informal bar. RED and Lola are both upscale and very expensive. All would be great choices depending on what you're looking for.

Parking elsewhere and taking the rapid in is EASY and would save you a lot of money in parking. I recommend staying near the airport in Middleburg Heights - there are literally at least a dozen hotels there, most very reasonably priced, and it's about a 5-7 minute easy drive to the Brookpark rapid station. That being said, it's $4.50 for a round trip ticket, and I assume 2 of you are coming in. More than a couple of trips to downtown and you've already paid for parking, which is probably around $12-15 a day at most hotels. If you want to stay there, there is a Courtyard, a Red Roof Inn, a Radisson and a Crowne just for starters. Do not stay at the Motel 6 there or the Ramada, they are both dumps. The courtyard is very nice, I have had family stay there. I think there's also a Towne Place Suites, another Marriott property that's nice in that area.

The rapid (the "redline") you would take eastbound into Tower City, it's about 7 stops/25 minutes, schedules can be found on gctra.org. $4.50 for a round trip ticket, which you purchase from machines inside the station itself. You walk up and out to street level and from there it's probably less than 5 mins to your son's place depending on where he lives (there are no places to live adjacent to Browns stadium). You must have a ticket to get through the turnstiles at Tower City.

If you want to stay downtown, the Marriott is the closest hotel to Browns Stadium but it's not cheap. the Crowne plaza is a little less expensive but has spotty service problems; it's about a block away. The Doubletree on Lakeside is very nice and would be even less money. You could easily walk to wherever your son is from those locations, and could walk to Lola. RED and the tap house will require driving, but maybe your son will drive?

USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

My thanks to all who responded..the info is very helpful in allowing us to make our decision. Dee

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

For hotel, check on Marriott Key Center.

For dinner, we loved the Tremont Tap House. Casual setting, but great food that's definitely more than "bar" food.

7. Re: Hotels near West Lakeside Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 05:16