We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

Sterling, Kansas
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

My 18 year old son and I will be in Cleveland on June 5th and 6th. We are planning on visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Christmas Story house for sure. Other than that, we are open to suggestions.

We like the theatre, but just seems there is nothing going on that weekend in Playhouse Square or am I just missing it?

We also like music (except country, I saw Sugarland is performing) but seems that is a strike out also. Talk about strike outs, the Indians are out of town that weekend also! :)

University Circle and Little Italy sound promising. There is always Cedar Point.

Help!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

There are some websites that you can visit to see if anything else is going on:

www.pluggedincleveland.com

www.clevelandnights.com

www.universitycircle.org

www.littleitalycleveland.com

If your son likes football, the Football Hall of Fame is located in Canton, not quite an hour south of Cleveland - straight down I-77.

Cleveland Art Museum, Natural History Museum, the Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland Botanical Gardens - all located in University Circle.

If you like nature and hiking, you can visit the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and walk along the Towpath Trail. Beautiful scenery. Lots of trails and they have recreational activities.

www.nps.gov/cuva

Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

Also check out coolcleveland.com, which has a new list every week of things to do.

louisville, ky
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

Interested in hearing what you ended up doing. We'll be there for a couple of days in July and wanted to get some tips (other than the R&RHOF).

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, The Arcade, the U.S.S. Cod, the Steamship Mather, West Side Market, and Cleveland MetroPark Zoo all are within 15 minutes of downtown. Check Playhouse Square Center, the Cleveland Playhouse, Quicken Loans Arena, livenation.com, and the Wolstein Center for events.

positivelycleveland.com/visiting/…

Holden Arboretum and Lake Metropark Farmpark are about 30 minutes east of downtown. Blossom Music Center is about 30 minutes south of downtown.

Cedar Point and the Lake Erie islands are one hour west of downtown. Ohio Amish Country, Malabar Farm State Park and the Pro Football Hall of Fame are one to two hours south of downtown.

Read through the forums, things to do, or the resolved questions in the Yahoo Answers travel category for more information.

Have fun in Cleveland.

Edited: 08 June 2010, 04:02
5. Re: Two Days In Cleveland, What to Do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 08:29