We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passing through in June, looking for hotel suggestions

Austin, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Passing through in June, looking for hotel suggestions

We are driving from MN to NY State in June and are looking for a decent hotel in the Cleveland area to stay for one night. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 children (13 and 9). We want something convenient to I90, within 5 minutes max. Definitely need a pool for the kids to unwind after a long day in the car. Prefer something on the east side of the city. The hotel does not need to be luxury, but has to be clean. We would like to spend about $100/night, but would go higher for a nice hotel. Complimentary breakfast is nice, but not required.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passing through in June, looking for hotel suggestions

Quail Hollow Resort in Painesville may be a possibility. It's directly off I90, about 30 min east of downtown. It's a golf resort - with a much larger/nicer pool than you will find at most standard hotels. You can probably even get it for under $100 if staying during the week.

No free breakfast though.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passing through in June, looking for hotel suggestions

Check out the Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn in Mentor, Ohio. It's on Mentor Ave., immediately east of route 615, five minutes north of the route 615/I-90 intersection. It's almost like a B&B, does have a pool and complimentary breakfast. Get a second floor room to avoid pet rooms. There's a new section added to a Victorian home.

The Baymont Inn and Suites in Concord/Mentor is higher ranked by TA reviewers ( but note all of the one-time reviewers) than Quail Hollow. It has a pool and free breakfast. It's located on the west side of route 44, just south of the route 44/I-90 intersection. It's very near a hospital so I don't know if sirens are an issue.

Quail Hollow also is on route 44, just south of the route 44/I-90 intersection, but on the east side of route 44.

All of these hotels are about 15-20 minutes from two Lake Erie beaches (Mentor Headlands and Fairport Harbor; see descriptions in travel article below).

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g50207-s407/Cleveland…

Austin, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passing through in June, looking for hotel suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions, will check out these options!

4. Re: Passing through in June, looking for hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18