We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar / Resturant Tshirts

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Bar / Resturant Tshirts

Going to be in Cleveland for Police Week ( 05/15-18) looking for information on bars or diners that have unique T shirts. Only stipulation is that I have to eat or drink there before I can get a shirt. Also looking for info on any bar / resturant that has a display of Police or Fire Dept patches.

Thanks

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar / Resturant Tshirts

Maybe you'll get lucky on a reply here, but my suggestion for police and fire department patches is to call the general info. number for either department, explain your interest, and see if someone can help you out.

I would think that the likes of the Great Lakes Brewery would have T-shirts. Call or send an e-mail. Ditto, for the House of Blues. If you'll have a car and like rock, check out the Beachland Ballroom, which actually has a store in its basement. I wonder if Wilbert's, Winking Lizard, Harry Buffalo, or Thirsty Parrot have T-shirts. Of course, I guess it depends upon what you mean by unique.

https:/…default.aspx

Edited: 02 May 2014, 18:49
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar / Resturant Tshirts

Thanks for the reply. Not looking for patches for myself, I am looking for a bar / pub that out of town Officer's hang one of their patches on the wall.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar / Resturant Tshirts

My point is that more than posters in this forum that the police and firemen are more likely to know the identity of the police and firemen bars that likely would hang such patches on their walls, if there are any bars with such patches. Perhaps there is a poster here familiar with police and fireman bars in Cleveland, but don't count on it.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar / Resturant Tshirts

The Zone Car Lounge on West 58th Street is a private club of the Cleveland Police Patrolman's Association that will generally allow other law enforcement officers in as social members with proper credentials. I was in there on "Dyngus Day" ( all known as "Ducking Day" or " Easter Monday") and there were frames on the wall enclosing patches from various police forces. I am not sure if they still are collecting patches or hanging them but it is a fun hangout for the heroes who protect us. It is on West 58th Street in the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood, near the Parkview ( a bar featured in Diners, Drive-ins & Dives) and near the Happy Dog, which is a very fun place with homemade, you guessed it, hot dogs and a great beer selection. The Happy Dog sells t-shirts you might like. All of these bars are 5 to 7 minutes from downtown Cleveland. My wife loves the design of the women's t-shirts at The Harp, which is between downtown and the aforementioned Zone Car Lounge and other Detroit Shoreway bars. As indicated in another post, Great Lakes Brewery is good for t-shirts and has quite a variety.

5. Re: Bar / Resturant Tshirts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16