We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singles night life and party

columbus
3 posts
Save Topic
singles night life and party

Hi

I am 26 single male and will be in columbus for the enire month of June 2007. Which are the places where I could enjoy my stay?

And which are the areas not safe to roam around /stay?

Columbus
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: singles night life and party

OKAY for the nicest most hip nighlife you stick around downtown.

Columbus is overall a very safe city. It is a large city though, and there is poverty mixed in every side of the city.

High St. corridor runs throught the middle of the city and the Short North area (just north of downtown) is the hippest section of urban columbus.

Easton is a shopping paradise and great for some restaurants but not nightlife it is on the NE side of the city, so check it out at some point many singles hang or live around there or further out in New Albany

The best clubs are the Park St. corridor in the northern section of downtown with Bar Louie, Spice, and Sugar and more

The biggest and most over the top club is BOMA, on E. Broad ST. just a few blocks east of the intersection of Broad and High right in the middle of columbus, this club use to be a church and is large and more upscale than most columbus clubs, yet its very hip so all kinds of backgrounds are there.

Mentioned in this post
Albany
Albany
New York
Bar Louie
Bar Louie
93 Reviews
Columbus, OH
columbus
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: singles night life and party

ohh thanks.. well which are the cool places to approach ppl & start conversations? I mean pickup/ singles bars?

Columbus, Oh
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: singles night life and party

Lotus is a really nice lounge. Great happy hour as well.

There are lots of reviews of it and other places on www.columbusunderground.com. They are having a meetup on June 6 at the TipTop which would be fun to meet some people in the city.

TipTop Kitchen and Cocktails is fun. Due Amici is a really nice place, nice patio too.

Second the Park Street area. Spice is a good place. Comfest is happening June 23rd weekend and that is always free and a great time. www.comfest.com

Taco + Beer which usually happens on the third Thursday of the month is a great event to go to. Free tacos, free beer. www.tacobeer.com

For something awesome to do during the day on June 16, check out the Cityhop. www.cityhoptour.com. Self guided tour of lots of nice condos in all stages of development downtown. You might meet some people there. ;)

Enjoy your stay!

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: singles night life and party

Taco & beer is a pick up night?

Am I the only one that thinks that is wrong??????

Cheers and beers (no taco for me tonight),

Binti

columbus
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: singles night life and party

ok.. which clubs has no cover charge? I usually check out more than 2 clubs on a weekend night and @10*2 > 6 Beers ;)

6. Re: singles night life and party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 13:16