We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

Cleveland
Level Contributor
18 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

Hi,

My family (2 adults, 2 boys ages 10 & 7) will be spending 2 days this summer in Columbus. The first day we will be going to COSI and the second day we will be going to the Ohio State Fair. We have never visited either place.

First, I am looking for some suggestions for a good hotel that is located near both. We're looking for something $100/night or less. A clean, safe hotel with a restaurant for breakfast would be ideal.

Also, if you have any tips or hints you could offer on visiting COSI or the State Fair, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Columbus, Oh
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

Opening fair day, August 1, admission is only $2 until 6pm.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

State Fair advice:

1. Wear light clothing

2. Wear good shoes

3. Start dieting 2-3 weekks before

4. Bring epi-pen if bee allergies, avoid the lemon shake up stands!

5. Wear sunscreen and a hat

6. Be prepared to answer kid's questions on diversity and animal husbandry

7. Bring cash for goofy souveniers

8. Don't miss the butter sculpture and the home-made ice cream in the dairy building

9. Don't miss the petting zoo and the area for baby animals born at during the fair (this goes back to #6)

10. Put the kids to bed, take off your shoes, pour yourself a glass of wine, and sleep like a baby!

Intercourse...
Level Contributor
663 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

Finding a good hotel for under 100 bucks during that time period will not be easy. I would suggest to look in the Grove City and south Columbus area. There are many nice places and you are only about 15 minutes from COSI and the fair.

Mentioned in this post
Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

I agree with staying in Grove City and driving to the fair. There are plenty of restaurants at that exit too. The fair will be a long day if you want to see everything. Make sure you wear your most comfy shoes, there is a tractor driven shuttle if you want to ride during the day. Make sure you see Smokey the Bear. At certain drink stands you can get refills for a discounted price all day, one stand sells ice tea and another sells Kool Aid. Just keep your cup. We like to visit the dairy building and get a swiss cheese sandwich and ice cream, and we have to see the butter display which they have carved into different, like cows.Once you go, I bet you will be back.Krogers usually has the discount tickets in the past.

5. Re: Hotel Advice for COSI & State Fair Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 12:19