We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

layover in Columbus

Cape Carteret...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
layover in Columbus

Hello. We are going to be in Columbus with a 5 hour layover. We noticed that Easton Town Center is about 5 miles away. Is it easy to get a taxi from the mall back to the airport? Does anyone know the approximate cost and a good service to use? I looked at the bus but it takes about an hour each way to go the 5 miles. I would appreciate any advice.

Columbus
Level Contributor
214 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: layover in Columbus

You would need to call for a taxi to come pick you up - you wouldn't be able to flag one down on the street. But calling them is easy enough. The easier thing to do would be to take a taxi from the airport to easton, then arrange with that taxi driver to pick you up at a certain time.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: layover in Columbus

Yes, just walk right out to the taxi stand at the airport and tell them you want to be taken to the Hilton at Easton.

Then you can walk over to the mall/outdoor area and shop and eat, you even have enough time to see a movie!

Just return to the Hilton when you are ready to go back to the airport and they can call you a cab, or you can probably find one in front of Brio restaurant at the entrance to the indoor mall.

It is literally a 10 minute drive door to door, great layover plan.

Binti

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: layover in Columbus

IMO, it might be *cheaper* to rent an economy sized (or whatever) car for a day than to do the taxi both ways. Although you "don't know your way around"...it's very uncomplicated (270N to Easton). You can't miss it.

I don't know. I would call the Hilton at Easton and see the approximate taxi cost. You also might be able to ask what their shuttle costs are (even if you aren't staying there).

It will literally take you 10 minutes to get to Easton. Parking is free at Easton.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: layover in Columbus

NO WAY a rental car is cheaper for a layover spent at Easton. and the time you would spend picking up and returning it...

Taxi it.

Binti

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: layover in Columbus

Ok time for my two cents....I totally agree with Binti! Do not rent a car, it will not be cheaper. A taxi will only be about $15 each way(I confirmed that with yellow cab).

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: layover in Columbus

Try taking the free shuttle from the airport to the Easton Hilton. I'm not sure how often it runs back and forth. Ok, so maybe I'm a little cheap. No, I'm a lot cheap...

7. Re: layover in Columbus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 11:18