We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in late november??

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aldan, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
413 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
weather in late november??

whats the weather usually like in very late november in columbus or cleveland area?? ill be coming from cleveland after seeing rock HOF then going to columbus day after thanksgiving til sunday. im sure itll be cold, but precip. i hope wont be starting til after i leave....

thanks

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in late november??

It will be a litte colder in Cleveland than it will be here, but you shouldn't have to worry about snow. The normal average temperature in November for Cleveland is about 42, whereas in Columbus it's about 50.

Of course, this IS Ohio, so I'd prepare for just about anything - our weather is truly varied and unpredictable. Last year, it was almost 70 on Thanksgiving!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in late november??

Yeah, it's very, very rare to have snow here in November. Not unheard of (I want to say we had flurries at least on Thanksgiving some time in the past couple of years) but pretty unlikely. It's usually well above freezing in November still so if there's any precipitation it will most likely be rain.

As AmbieE noted, the weather tends to change on a dime here, so I'd just keep checking the Columbus weather online before you leave on your trip and see what they predict for the time you're here.

Aldan, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
413 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in late november??

thank you both for the responses. much appreciated!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in late november??

A couple more things to add:

Columbus is known for being a cloudy city. The weather reports year round almost always say partly cloudy. So while the temperature may seem warm you're not going to feel the warmth of the sun consistently.

Also try http://www.worldclimate.com/ for temps and rainfall around the globe.

Enjoy

5. Re: weather in late november??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 12:20