We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Columbus

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Columbus

I am looking for a nice, all suites hotel in/near downtown Columbus or Short North. Any thoughts?

Thank you and happy new year.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Columbus

Mostly what I am looking for is a clean, upscale, and uncomplicated hotel for a romantic weekend getaway. A great view would be a plus. Large hotel chains can be too bustling and require too much interaction w/ hotel staff and other guests (especially on holiday weekends) and B&Bs are just not as private as I like.

So, my hope is to find someplace small, private and somewhat off the beaten path yet close to dining and nightlife (lounge/cocktails atmosphere).

I have looked high and low and can't seem to find what I am looking for but I'm sure it exists somewhere!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Columbus
Level Contributor
210 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Columbus

Columbus is not exactly filled with boutique hotels. In the area you mention, the closest I can think of would be the Blackwell. http://www.theblackwell.com/

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Columbus

Hi, Yogi and happy new year!

Check out www.55lofts.com and see if that fits the bill.

Have a safe trip! Binti

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Columbus

Never stayed at either the Blackwell or the Lofts. Based on location, however, I think the Lofts are probably better for Short North walking. It is certainly MUCH closer to downtown and within easy walking of: Short North, Arena District and Downtown.

Hope this is helpful,

hlo

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Columbus

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help.

And happy new year to you Binti! :-)

I read some reviews on The Lofts and while they all seem fairly positive, several reviews were less than positive about the parking which would be an issue for us since we will be in and out a great part of the weekend.

Also, the Blackwell looks nice but it seems geared to business travellers.

So I'm back to the drawing board and am probably looking for something a lot more low key.

There's a hotel on High Street near the convention center that I pass by all the time. I can't recall the name but that may be something I'll look into. Also, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Or maybe I should ask this way....if you were staying downtown/short north where would you stay?

Thanks again for your help.

Yogi

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Columbus

That's a Hampton Inn, Yogi. The North Market is just next to, and a little behind it. That's where I would stay.

Binti

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Columbus

Well, I tried the Hampton Hotel and the rate there is surprisingly more than the Lofts. Also, they are hosting a cheerleading convention that weekend which would probably put a damper on things.

I think the Lofts is probably our best bet.

Thanks!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Columbus

You might also want to check out the Whitter Suites, which are part of the German Village Guest House.

http://www.gvguesthouse.com/

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Columbus

You might want to try investigating rentals by owner here in Columbus, too, Yogi. It's a long shot, but there are many apartments and condos down there, someone may offer by owner weekly rentals...

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Columbus

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p151618http

There were a couple of others, too. Check it out.

Binti