We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June-2 Teens and a Mom

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
June-2 Teens and a Mom

Will be doing a "girls weekend" just me and my two teenage daughters.

Friday will be spent in Hocking Hills hiking, rock climbing, canopy walks etc.

Saturday we will be seeing Tecumseh in the evening but I want to find some activities to fill our day beforehand. We wont have to leave until about 4:30pm to get to our dinner/show reservation on time.

What can we do between 8am and 4:30pm on Saturday? (no mall shopping)

Edited: 26 April 2010, 04:25
Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
287 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

The Franklin Park Conservatory www.fpconservatory.org is a nice place to spend an hour or two in Columbus.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,325 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

Columbus is going to be out of your way between Hocking Hills and Tecumseh-- Maybe stay in the area and explore Logan instead? Some antique and craft shops. No malls :) More hand made type items. Tecumseh is just outside of Chillicothe. I am not familiar with that town tho-- maybe do a search and see if there's anything of interest to you in Chillicothe so you will be close to the Tecumseh site?

Some Indian mound parks in Chillicothe if that sort of thing interests you?

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60853-Activitie…

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

Greetings. There are some shopping opportunities in the Logan/Hocking area (especially antiques). Here are a couple links:

http://www.hockinghillsmarket.com/shops.html

www.hockinghills.com/merchants.html…

There's also Gen William T. Sherman's House in nearby Lancaster, but that doesn't really sound like girls getaway type of thing.

There's enough stuff in Hocking Hills State Park to do for a couple of days also.

A lot of accomodations in Hocking Hills have hot tubs. Just spend some time soaking.

Enjoy.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

Change of plans:

Friday- Will spend day and sleep the night in Chillicothe. Various activities and Tecumseh.

Saturday-Will travel over to Logan. Various activities in Hocking Hills planned. Stay the night.

Sunday- Will travel over to Columbus on way home to spend the day. So we need activities in Columbus on a Sunday.

Thanks...

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

I would also recommend Franklin Park Conservatory. Other ideas: the Columbus Museum of Art, or the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (or Zoombezi Bay).

www.fpconservatory.org

www.columbusmuseum.org (free on Sundays)

www.colszoo.org

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

If you stick to Columbus on a Sunday, tour the OSU campus, especially the new student union building and the renovated main library; explore Short North; tour the Ohio Statehouse and museum; Easton Town Center is a shopping mecca, but similar to Legacy Village/Beachwood Mall; German Village -- have brunch at Lindey's, walk through Schiller Park, visit the Book Loft; the Columbus Zoo is rated as one of the nation's best; definitely go to a Jeni's ice cream parlor (there's one on High St.).

As alternative, visit Muskingum County -- Longaberger, "the Wilds."

BTW, in Chillicothe, consider visiting the Adena Mansion and Gardens.

ourohio.org/index.php…

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

I thought Tecumseh did not open until June 11 or is there something special on the 2nd? If it is open Tecumseh is a great drama.

8. Re: June-2 Teens and a Mom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:15