We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Romance in Columbus

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Romance in Columbus

My boyfriends birthday is coming up in March and I want to do something extra special. We are both in college and have very little cash. Is there any ideas that are fun and special to do in Columbus besides the typical dinner and a movie?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Romance in Columbus

Kudos to you for making it special. March is a difficult time. Will it be rainy or snowy? Hmmm.

A simple walk through one of the metroparks can be pretty romantic (say Park of Roses).

When I lived in Grandview my wife and I liked to get pasta or pizza at Figlio's and walk to a nearby coffee shop; we' d sip coffee and look at other couples and try to guess how long they'd been together (nervous or comfortable, touchy or careful). They also have a Jeni's Ice Cream in Grandview as well as a local movie theater.

German Village and the Short North areas can be quite nice also.

For something out of the box you could try Perkins Observatory in Delaware. They have public programs to look at the stars. I haven't tried it myself though.

perkins-observatory.org/programs.html#regular

Go to Columbus Alive for more ideas.

I hope it goes well. I'll think about it some more.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Romance in Columbus

thank you for all the ideas, they are very good. im going to look more into them!

Columbus, Oh
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Romance in Columbus

If you want a really intimate pizza place, check out BonoPizza.

facebook.com/pages/Bono-Pizza/249374012094

about their new spot: columbusunderground.com/bonopizza-reopens-to…

reviews:

www.columbusunderground.com/tag/bonopizza

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Romance in Columbus

I'm not sure what your budget is but you could always go to the Melting Pot at Easton and share a dessert. Then while at Easton, you could then catch a show at the Shadowbox or the Funny Bone. If you're not familiar with the Shadowbox, it's a sketch comedy show similar to Saturday Night Live or Second City. (I heard their most recent show 'The Naked Truth' is exceptionally funny, plus I believe they offer student tickets for a discount.)

www.shadowboxlive.org

www.meltingpot.com/locations.aspx?z=&n=1602

You could also consider going ice skating at the Chiller or Dispatch Ice Haus. OSU's ice rink is open for public skating, however, I don't know if it's open year round.

http://www.thechiller.com/public-skating

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Romance in Columbus

Dine at Schmidt's on a weekend night when there is live entertainment, then stroll Schmidt's beautiful German Village neighborhood, including Schiller Park, especially if your boyfriend's birthday is later in March.

http://www.schmidthaus.com/restaurant.htm

6. Re: Cheap Romance in Columbus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 07:17