We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus weekend - unique children ideas

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Columbus weekend - unique children ideas

Looking to keep 2 boys, 9 & 11, occupied during an upcoming winter weekend Columbus visit. Looking for something unique - I am already aware of Easton, COSI, waterpark, Conservatory and the Hockey Team. Appreciate any suggestions!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus weekend - unique children ideas

Looks like you've done your homework.

There's also the Ohio State Hockey team. Good hockey, cheaper tickets, and no fights. Plus it's on the Ohio State campus.

There also Perkins Observatory in Delaware. They have public programs for star gazing. I haven't tried it myself though.

www.perkins-observatory.org/programs.html

The Columbus Zoo is open year round also. I confess I'm not brave enough to go in the winter though.

There's also the Ohio Historical Society at the Expo Center (state fairgrounds). There's usually also something going on at the expo center.

Hope you have a grand time.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus weekend - unique children ideas

There always ice skating. One night a week they have the Meltdown (or at least they used to) where they play Top 40 music with flashing lights and all the kids are pre-teen to teen.

http://www.thechiller.com/public-skating

Both theaters at Easton and Lennox have an IMAX screen.

The Columbus Museum of Art just went through an extensive renovation and has free admission on Sunday's. If the boys are interested in art museums at all, I would also suggest the Wexner Center on OSU's campus.

This SkyZone place just opened:

columbus.skyzonesports.com/OPENJUMP.aspx

Have they ever been to a Hibachi restaurant (aka Japanese steakhouse)? My favorite is House of Japan, but all the ones around town pretty much offer the same thing. If you go for lunch, you can usually get a very filling meal for just a little more than the price of a large value meal at Wendy's.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus weekend - unique children ideas

Thanks for the ideas! We are in the beginning process of relocating to the Columbus area, and I appreciate your ideas!

4. Re: Columbus weekend - unique children ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 06:22