We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fish & chips?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
fish & chips?

Who has the best fish and chips in Columbus? My husband and I loved the fish and chips at Buck Mulligan's, and they closed. Muholland Brewery also had great fish and chips...and they closed too! I have been to Old Bag, Claddaugh's, Marino's, The Pub at Polaris, Rusty Bucket and several other places in search of the best fish and chips....these places don't come close to Buck Mulligan's or M. Brewery! Help!!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fish & chips?

I've always thought Claddaugh's set the bar pretty high for Fish & Chips here in Columbus...

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fish & chips?

Most of the places you mentioned are the choices availiable. You can also try a mom and pop shop called Marino's Seafood. They have a website and two locations one in grandview and the other on brice rd in reynoldsburg.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
190 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fish & chips?

I like O'Shaughnessy's near Nationwide Arena. http://www.arenadistrict.com/where-to-eat/

Last time I went to Old Bag of Nails it wasn't as good as I remembered. I haven't tried Claddagh's.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
190 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fish & chips?

I just had the fish and chips at Cap City Diner in Gahanna. The fish was wonderful. I prefer thicker chips rather that the more fries like offering, but they're good also. $2.95 for iced tea is a bit steep though.

5. Re: fish & chips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 06:16