We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunrise

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
sunrise

Within 50 to 75 miles outside I-270, where is the best place to watch the sunrise?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunrise

Interesting question...and I have no idea! My guess is someplace on the west side facing the downtown area would be best. There is a place called the Golf Depot in Gahanna that would have a nice sunset. It sits above the city. Great view of the downtown skyline.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunrise

Try to find a place higher. Maybe the internet maps can help if you can find the elevations. I would look for areas that peek out from the rest of the areas.

Trees and buildings will get in the way. If you can find a hill near a lake that might be best.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 04:35
Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
286 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunrise

Try up at Alum Creek State Park. Great reservoir, dog park, frisbee golf, and lots of open space and trees.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
190 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunrise

I'm not sure if it's the best and I haven't been there but Great Seal State Park is between Circleville and Chilicothe. That's the sunset (or sunrise?) that's depicted on the seal of Ohio. Just a thought.

…state.oh.us/parks/…Default.aspx

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunrise

I would suggest the top of the Miamisburg Mound on Mound st. in Miamisburg (www.ohiohistory.org), the prehistoric earthwork just down the street from you. Opens at daylight. Free. Enjoy!!

6. Re: sunrise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:15