We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

amsterdam
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

In addition to hitting the downtown area of Columbus, we also now have a few days where we'll be in Polaris. Any amazing dining experiences worth exploring for dinner or brunch? Open to type of food, but lovely atmosphere is key. As is the ability to luxuriously lounge with a glass of wine in hand.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

Amazing and luxurious are strong words.

The most upscale and pricy is Eddie Merlots right on Polaris in front of the Hilton. Very good steaks. All food is nicely done. With drinks, routinely $100 per person.

Next is Brio, at the front of the mall. The menu tends to Italian and is very reliable food quality. Maybe $40 per.

Polaris Grill is on the SE corner of the freeway interchange. Locally owned and upscale. Food is always very good.

Bonefish Grill is across the street and the best seafood venue.

Blue Agave, also E of the freeway at the NE corner of Cleveland and Polaris is locally owned, casual, but good Mexican.

A short drive from Polaris on 23 N/High St. off 270 is J.Alexander's. Excellent prime rib and steaks with good atmosphere and a popular bar. My own favorite in the area.

Every chain restaurant in existence is within a couple mile radius of Polaris and 71 N. if you have a favorite, we've got ir.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

I should add Marcella's on Polaris across from the mall. Part of a small local group. The menu is modern Italian with an extensive "small plate" menu - kind of Itlaian tapas. A popular bar with a good wine list. Moderately priced and casual.

amsterdam
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

Yeah, I suppose amazing and luxurious are strong words - and a bit of a misnomer for what I was really searching Apologies. All I really meant is something a bit more special than Cheesecake Factory - not that I don't appreciate CF 'cause I do, but that's something I can go to near my home any time. Just wanted to know if there was a secret find to impress my mom and sister with. I like you mentioning locally owned, so Polaris Grill and Blue Agave sound great, as does Marcella's. Thank you kindly.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

From Polaris, it wouldn't be far to the Worthington Inn, the most historic restaurant in Columbus and also one of the best.

http://www.worthingtoninn.com/

In German Village, IMO don't miss Lindey's. It has a great patio and a very enjoyable Sunday brunch.

amsterdam
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

Checked out Worthington Inn's website. From the picture, place looks lovely. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

Lindey's IMO also is especially "lovely" if that is a consideration!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g51177-d44…

amsterdam
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

Thanks for the recs and links!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
190 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

I agree with LIndey's, Marcella's, and especially Polaris Grille. I also really like Molly Woo's; it's eclectic Asian.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining Recommendations in Polaris?

If you like sushi, I would recommend Sushi En off of Gemini. If you want a very good Thai meal with fresh ingredients and nice wine, check out Thai Grille in uptown Westerville - just a short drive from the Polaris area. Enjoy!!

Get answers to your questions about Columbus