We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

Waterford...
Level Contributor
27 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

Many relatives from around the country will be gathering in Columbus for my mother's memorial service. After the service we would like to go out to have a meal together. I am looking for suggestions of a not super expensive place with a private room, possibly in the Upper Arlington or northeast Columbus area. It could even be connected or near a hotel where we could reserve a block of rooms. Thoughts?Thanks!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

You might check Urbanspoon (my "go to" restaurant site).

They will allow you to filter based on "neighborhood" (their term for location), price, cuisine, etc. and whether they can deal with large groups (this last one is part of "special features" -t hink that's the term they use - don't remember exactly what the call it, maybe groups or private room, but know its an option).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

You might check Urbanspoon (my "go to" restaurant site).

They will allow you to filter based on "neighborhood" (their term for location), price, cuisine, etc. and whether they can deal with large groups (this last one is part of "special features" -t hink that's the term they use - don't remember exactly what the call it, maybe groups or private room, but know its an option).

You'll also be able to see up thumb/down thumb votes, reviews, map location, etc.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

How many will there be? We reserved a private room at the Montgomery Inn for a birthday party a couple years ago, and it was very nice. The room we had was small, but there may be others there that are larger.

montgomeryinn.com/montgomery-inn-private-roo…

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
190 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

It's pretty casual but City BBQ on Main and McNaughten has a room. You can either order from the menu or have it catered ($12 per head). It's my favorite place and it stands up to bbq anywhere. http://www.citybbq.com/

Waterford...
Level Contributor
27 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

Thanks for these ideas- very helpful!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

Buca de Bepo has a locaion in Worthington just off I-270 and High St. Rte 23.

They have private rooms and modest prices. The menu is casual Italian designed for large groups.

One consideration is that the motif is irreverent. Maybe not the best atmosphere for a wake.

The Crosswoods area just across I-270 has a Courtyard, Doubletree, Hyatt Suites, Residence Inn, and a Sheraton Suites.

Another option is La Scala on Route 161 just E of Dublin. La Scala has every size of private dining room. Reliable Italian family style cuisine. The Dublin and Route 161/33 exit off I-270 has an Embassy Suites, Red Roof and Stouffers.

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

Schmidt's in German Village has a private dining room, I believe, plus buffet and atmosphere.

Sorry about your mother.

8. Re: Place for a family reunion type dinner in Columbus Ohio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:16