We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus Zoo

Toronto
Level Contributor
34 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Columbus Zoo

I am looking to plan a trip to see the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, as well as what Columbus has to offer. I will be driving down from Toronto, so I will have a car.

How many days does one need to see the zoo?

Any recommendations on areas to stay in or to visit?

I was thinking 5 days, including the travel time there and back.

Thanks!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus Zoo

Sarah, when are you planning to make this trip and what are your interests?

I would allow at least eight hours of driving time, including the border crossing, but no other stops, from Toronto to Columbus.

If you skip the water park at the zoo, you need only one day at the Columbus Zoo. I've done it in half a day.

Dayton is one hour from Columbus. If you're interested in aviation history you might want to check it out. You need at least one day in Dayton, possibly two, depending upon your level of interest.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60785-c185858/Dayton…

There are many attractions north of Columbus, including those in Cleveland, including another excellent zoo, Ohio Amish country and the Mohican region.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g50207-s407/Cleveland…

The Wilds near Zanesville is a seasonal attraction that might interest you greatly. It's administered by the Columbus Zoo and is one of the largest animal preservation centers in the U.S. with Jurassic Park-like tours.

The Columbus Zoo is in Powell. You could stay in Dublin or Worthington, or even in the Polaris area of northern Columbus, which is a retail/restaurant center. Check out the Polaris Fashion Mall. Easton Town Center, a Midwest shopping mecca, is another possibility in northern Columbus.

Be certain to try some Jeni's ice cream while in the Columbus area.

ourohio.org/index.php…

http://jenis.com/

Good planning!

OHIO
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus Zoo

The zoo is big, bring good shoes ... A day is plenty!

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus Zoo

I agree that one full day is fine for the zoo.

I recommend the Staybridge Suites in Dublin - we found it to be a really nice place in a great location near the zoo.

4. Re: Columbus Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 07:17