We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

I have heard this location at 1111 Mediterranean Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229 is no longer a Country Inn and Suites brand. Does anyone know if it has a new brand or is now independent?

Mentioned in this post
Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
772 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

I work in the area and went by last week on my way back from lunch, and I'm 90% certain the Country Inn signage was still up.

I'll take a look if I am up that way soon to double-check.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

Just did a quick check on the County Inn & Suites website and didn't see it there. I would think the website *might* be more current than signage, etc. as it can be updated almost immediately and any physical branding (sign, etc.) is going to take some time to schedule & complete (even just a cover up).

You might want to check it for yourself, here's a link to the website: www.countryinns.com

Hope this helps,

hlo

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

Thank you for the information. They basically told me at the hotel they "lost" the brand. What I am trying to find out is if they picked up a new brand or just became independent. If they did lose the brand I would expect the old brand would insist they change / cover up the sign. I've done some searches based on the address but I have not come up with anything.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

Ooooo, now I get it. I read the question as wanting a confirmation as to whether it was still a Country Inn & Suties or not. Not, "what's its brand now, if any?" That's much more a job for a local.

A few other comments:

1. Depending on when they "lost" the old brand, I wouldn't expect to hear soon. Getting accepted under a new chain is *much* more involved that dropping (or getting kicked) out of one. I know I've noticed it in the past when I've seen a hotel "changing" brands. Most (all?) of the times I've seen it there was a semi-significant period between when the old brand went away and the new brand came up. (And agree with your observation re: at a minimum a sign coverup; again, I've seen this in the past when there was a rebranding.)

2. Simply because I'm curious (and you can say known of my business), is there a particular reason you want to know? I confess I haven't checked things out on the map, but I would imagine there are other hotels in the same general area.

3. It seems like you've talked to the hotel, can't they tell you whether they have gone independent, have joined another brand, and/or intend to join another brand?

4. Beyond that I agree with what it looks like you've done. I'd use the address on sites like: Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc. and then sort the list by proximity. Regardless of what they have/plan to do, I would think they might maintain their web presence on one or more of these sites.

5. Beyond that you might just try a general Google search. I'd use the street, city, state and hotel (motel?) or something similar along these lines. At some point you might get a hit that is clearly the place. I don't think I'd want to try to figure it out by visiting hotel chain websites, there are just too many of them at this price point.

hlo

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

Lets just say I had a very bad experience and that this location is not up to the standards of a Country Inn and Suites. If you read some of the reviews you might gat an idea of how bad it is. I did not read the reviews first because I thought this was a brand I could count on. They seemed to indicate at the hotel they have a "new" brand affiliation lined up. As bad as this place is, I want to see what brand would accept them.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

I found a business travel website with a direct link to the Country Inn & Suites page for this Hotel. That link takes me to a page saying "The selected hotel is currently off-line and is not accepting reservations". The question remains; have they changed to a different brand.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
772 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

As of Friday afternoon, they still had the Country Inn signs up, and not covered up. Didn't see any temporary signs over the entrance.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

Thank you for the information. I just did a search on the Country Inn and Suites website for hotels in Columbus. This location does not appear. I found a direct link using Google. Clicking on that link gives a message "The selected hotel is currently off-line and is not accepting reservations". I guess the only way they can be getting reservations is from people who walk into the property or use a direct to the hotel phone number.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

According to a new review on the Tripadvisor page, this location is going to be a Lexington Inns. I don't know anything about that company but they are questionable in my mind if they accept this property.

Mentioned in this post
Lexington
Lexington
Kentucky
Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
772 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Country Inn and Suites Columbus North

I was out on 161 last night and swung by to see what was there. The Country Inn signaga is gone, and there is indeed a temporary Lexington Inn & Suites sign in front of the hotel.