We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
146 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

I have to get off plane and into a rental car super fast on an upcoming trip, based on everyone's experience which rental car company is best got that at this particular airport?

Thanks, Todd

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

I don't have any direct experience and not sure anyone's experience will be particularly predictive of what you can expect ("individual results may vary").

I just think there are too many variables (time of day, day of week, where flights are arriving from, which rental company has more people based on current pricing or just random chance) and that they could easily swamp what otherwise might be expected to be the fastest checkout. It's kind of like Murphy's Law with line in general (the line you're in will always be the slowest moving one). Just because someone had a very quick checkout at 9:00am on a weekend, doesn't mean you'll have the same experience when you arrive at 5:00pm on a weekday.

The fastest one will all but certainly be the company that has the least number of arriving passengers renting from it, but there is no way to know that before the fact.

I can say that signing up for a "frequent flyer" program with one of the rentals companies can speed things up. Most (all?) of them will have your car ready to go with some sort of express checkout.

Beyond that giving us details of your trip (day of week/time of day) *might* help,

Sorry I can't give any specific advice/comments, but as I said, I'm not sure someone's semi-random experience will be a good predictor as to what will experience.

hlo

Edited: 07 August 2014, 15:50
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
146 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

I do understand the variations, but I am really looking for a consistent and well managed rental car company for that airport. In my travels I find that it's really all about the management at each location. Some are just flat out consistently bad and slow in service and I wish to avoid the those if possible. I got the earliest flight possible for my journey and don't want to miss an important event that I need to attend.

I get in 4pm on a sat

Thanks!!!!

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

On my recent trip, I rented from Alamo and they were good. There was no one waiting in line at the counter and I was out of there quickly. The thing you'll need to know about, is where the rental car location is. It's outside the airport, not near bag claim. Follow the signs and you'll end up walking along a couple escalators (people movers) that take you to the rental car garage. Go up one level, then to the left and you'll find the counter. Once you have your contract in hand, you go up one more level to the cars, and hand your contract to someone in the cage. They will tell you where the car is, show you papers to the guard, they raise the gate, and you leave the airport.

I got mixed up and went to the cage first, then I had to go back down a level to the counter and get my contract. That is what wasted the most amount of time. What ever company you choose, find out exactly where the counter is located.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 01:43
Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

I always use Alamo. They are reliable, have good prices, and they don't quibble over scratches.

5. Re: Fastest most reliable rental car company at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17