We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lane Ave. or Worthington?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Lane Ave. or Worthington?

In your opinion, which place is currently the better place to shop for clothes - Lane Avenue or Worthington Mall?

Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

They are both very nice, but small. Worthington is inside, Lane Ave. is outside. I prefer Lane avenue for the variety. To name a few stores, they each have Talbots, Chicos, and White House Black Market. Worthington has an Ann Taylor, while Lane Ave. has Ann Taylor Loft and Coldwater Creek.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

Is there a particular reason why you are choosing between those 2 malls? If you really want the best place to shop for clothes, go to Easton or Polaris. Of the two you listed, I'd choose Lane Ave.

Columbus, OH
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

I would have to agree with NYC, of the two listed Lane Ave has a better selection of stores, but the two best bets would be Easton or Polaris. Of those two, I personally like Easton a lot more.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

I'd also agree with NYC and Sunflower on choice of malls. While Lane is fine and WOrthington is quaint, but rather small, I'd just go for Polaris if I was sending a female out to shop for clothes. For a total shopping experience, I'd suggest Easton, hands down - It's a fantastic shopping experience.

Hope that helps,

c.c.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

Another vote for Easton or Polaris. They are only a few minutes away from Worthington if you take 270 east. From Lane Ave. you'll need to hop on 315 north to 270 east, about 15-20 mins. If you really wanted to get some shopping in then take 270 west back around to Tuttle Crossing. These are the three best malls in the city.

Have fun!

Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

between those two places, I would say it's Lane Avenue hands down from a store selection standpoint. However, I agree with the other posters -- I'd head to Easton if I were you. Lots better shopping and it's the setting is really cool.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

Thanks everyone for your opinions on this. I'm back from Columbus so wanted to do a follow-up...

I first stopped off at Easton...and got right back in the car. It's one of those fake streetscape concepts that's been sweeping the nation. When I travel, I want something different than what I see at home.

Found just what I was looking for in Worthington. The mall was nice and quiet, and it was great being able to leave the jacket/umbrella in the car for hands-free shopping. No going in and out of weather!

Also got to spend some time briefly in Old Town Worthington which is so charming. LaChatelaine - great food and atmosphere!

Ran out of time for Lane Avenue, but there will be other trips...

8. Re: Lane Ave. or Worthington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:18