We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

CA
Level Contributor
297 posts
304 reviews
Save Topic
what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

We will be in Cuyahoga Falls in late May. I heard that there is an interesting Amish town near Cuyahoga Falls.. can someone help me with the name? And is it worth visiting?

CA
Level Contributor
297 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

Thanks for the trip report. Cuyahoga Falls National Park sounds like a good place to visit. I have a snoopy question.. why did you choose to go to Cuyahoga Falls?

Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

We chose Cuyahoga Falls because we were looking for somewhere not too far away to drive for a week-end getaway. Cuyahoga Falls is just under four hours drive from our home. We also wanted someplace where we could do some hiking and see some interesting things. We walk for exercise every evening, so we look for those opportunities when we travel. And we don't bike a lot, but we enjoy it, so the bike-train thing sounded like fun. And we had been to Brandywine Falls for a very short time about 15 years ago and remembered it as a nice place with lots of waterfalls. Last but not least, one of my sisters stayed at the Sheraton recently and raved about it being right next to the falls, and my other sister works for Sheraton, so we get a really good rate!

So a lot of things sort of came together to choose Cuyahoga Falls.

CA
Level Contributor
297 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

I will check out the Sheraton to see how far it is from our daughter's home, who lives in Cuyahoga Falls. Our daughter moved there in October. I have visited her 2x, but saw very little of the area. The 1st time, was just prior to Christmas, so we were involved with Christmas parties for the kids. The 2nd time, I went to help her as she had just had a stroke (age 32). This time, we hope to have time to explore the area.

Mindy

surfer@cosmos.org

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

glacial_erratic, great trip report, enjoyed reading it, thanks for the tips.

Here are my thoughts on a few places we walked/hiked/ate.................

CVNP Virginia Kendall Ledges, loop trail is nice, fairly easy, saw a large deer, ledges are wonderful, hiking stick helpful for up and down and uneven ground.

MetroParks (which are wonderful and plentiful, wish we had some):

Gorge Trail off Front St, beautiful trail, easy/moderate, about 2-3 miles, great views of river/falls

Cascades Overlook near Sackett Ave, very easy .5 roundtrip walk to viewing platform (platform closed when I was there but still see great views of gorge).

Cascades Trail, great trail, didn't get to complete but hope to finish another trip.

Silver Creek, got lost looking for another trail and found this one, easy, nothing spectacular but nice, about 2+ miles.

Babb Run off Sackett Ave, interesting because it begins in the gorge instead of above, nice short, trail takes you right to the river bed and loops through the trees along the river and back to parking, wonderful rushing river sounds, maybe 2 miles, returning to parking lot is slight uphill walk.

Nature Realm, seems like a nice new area with hard surface walkways, an arboretum with designated plant areas, not so much my cup of tea but quite interesting and easily accessible.

Restaurants:

Golden Goose, State Rd at Broad Blvd, wonderful breakfast and lunch, open till 2pm, lots of locals, servers with character, reasonable prices, good portions, great taste, try homemade granola or any fresh bakery items, made by a former US Marine with a special touch.

Golden Dragon, State Rd near Grant Rd, very good chinese food, nice, clean restaurant, reasonable prices, good portions.

Hope this helps anyone visiting the CF area looking for trails (you won't have to look very hard, they're everywhere).

Happy trails

15. Re: what to see/do near Cuyahoga Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Cuyahoga Falls