We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Defiance--A fun place to be

Which Defiance hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toledo, ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Defiance--A fun place to be

In my opinion, Defiance is a good place for a weekend getaway. A quiet one, that is. If you want entertainment galore like Las Vegas or Chicago, this is not your place. But, if you want a clean and quiet hotel in a very safe area, this is your area. If you want to be less than 60 minutes from University of Toledo Basketball, Fort Wane Komets hockey, shopping in both Lima and Defiance, this is your place. There are a couple of nice bars. Restaurants: BW-3 and Applebees. If you think of Defiance as a place with nothing to do, you're completely wrong. There are some fun things to do here. And, if you want to go to Lima, Fort Wayne or Toledo, it's not htat far away. Defiance's Northtowne Mall has many different stores to offer.

West Palm Beach
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Defiance--A fun place to be

Hi

Your funny, do you work for the chamber of commerce

Defiance, OH
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Defiance--A fun place to be

Can't say that I'd plan a trip to Defiance just to visit, but if you have to visit friends or have a wedding to go to, it's not a bad place. You need to get more original than the chains. Many good hometown places to eat such as Buds, Kissners, Eppi's, Primos, and Cosmos. There is stuff to do, just not anything much out of the ordinary that isn't also available in most any other town.

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
272 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Defiance--A fun place to be

I agree with you, Defiance isnt the place to spend a needed vacation, but if you do have to be in town for any reason...there are plenty of things to experience.

I love Kissners, more for the actual architecture of the bar, and some of the memorabilia on the walls, than the food. I have never seen or been in another establishment that had the original bar, and brass foot rest and stools from the early 1900's. Everytime we go inside to eat, I always feel some sort of nostalgia and start wondering about the lives of people that came in after hitching their horses up on the brick steets to get a pint almost a hundred years ago. Then I wonder what that original bar would go for on ebay LOL.

Also I love Charlies Down Under. It is a great restaraunt with excellent food and wait staff. We usually go for lunch once a month, and have NEVER been the least bit disappointed with the food or service.

4. Re: Defiance--A fun place to be

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Defiance