We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

I am trying to decide between staying at the wild orchid or Barefoot resorts at Havelock island in the andamans. Both fall within my budget. Any suggestions?? I am going there with my wife and want to go somewhere where there is no crowd. I am also a little worried about how to carry out the payment. Barefoot has suggested faxing my credit card info and they want the full payment now. Is that common for India. Usually I thought you reserve a room with a card and then give the full payment at the end or when u check in. Anybody with experience there?

Thanks in Advance

New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

I have never been to those places, so I can't advise you regarding which is better. But regarding the prepayment thing...yes, it is common here for hotels to demand it. I usually try to resist it because I just think it's a wrong kind of policy. I have had arguments about this with many a hotel representative...if they take credit cards, then why can't they do what is done all over the world and use your card to guarantee the reservation, with a 24-hour cancellation policy? It just rubs me the wrong way, especially when it's a big hotel or chain that should have international standards/policies. I'd continue to question them about it and see if you can't get them to just guarantee your reservation by holding your card number on file (like most hotels the world over). Sometimes a bit of attitude can work wonders in getting them to be flexible. It's worth a shot anyway. Andamans is not a place where you are likely to cancel at the last minute anyway...too hard to get to.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
284 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

I had booked myself at Barefoot - they sounded friendlier and I had got a really nice feedback from a friend. I prepaid my stay - thats the way they work. I had cancelled my stay for some reasons - and had no problem at all with refunds. They were quite prompt in returning the money back. That was in 2004.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

FYI Thanks for your replies. I finally booked my trip. Barefoot was nice enoguh to book the room for 20% and rest is due 30 days prior. if any oone interested I can send u there cancellation policies

Rensselaer, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

Sheroo24-

Did you go and if so, what did you think? I'm looking at Barefoot and Wild Orchid for Decmeber.

Rensselaer, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

Sheroo24-

Did you go and if so, what did you think? I'm looking at Barefoot and Wild Orchid for Decmeber.

Rensselaer, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

Sheroo24-

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

not yet have booked for mid novrmber

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

Hi Sheroo,

Hope you had a good time at andamans. I am planning for a trip to the same place in december. Would appreciate if you could share your experience of the hotel as well as the place. How long was your stay? Is there enough to do for two weeks?

Thanks,

MJ

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

My brother and sister in law spent 4-5 days at Barefoot, earlier this year, and enjoyed it.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wild orchid or barefoot and payment options

Hi,

my wife and i have decided to holiday at the andaman's in late jan 07, we are 27 and 28.

firstly is havelock the best place in the andamans?, we are looking for something not crowded and lagoons (We dont really enjoy high tides/waves).

i am not too sure where to stay, i am not looking for a taj like service and accomodation, what i am more intreseted is have close is the sea to the cottage, how corwded is is, watersports, lagoons, safety and indian food.

i understand the barefoot, dolphin, are a few resorts there, please recommend one if you have been there.

Thanks,

Anthu