We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low budget tour of Andamans

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
48 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Low budget tour of Andamans

Hi,

I am a travel writer/photographer planning a 7 day low budget trip of Andaman in March, 13.. Broad plan:

Day 1: Arrive Port Blair, leave for Neil.

Day3: Leave for Havelock, cover Radhanagar, Elephanta,

Day 6: Leave for Port Blair

Day 8: Depart

On my wish list are, scuba diving (where?),Chidiya Tapu for sunset, backwaters in Baratang, Limestone cave, Kaala Pathar.

Will be grateful for your inputs, including

1. how to fit my wish list into the itinerary?

2. how to book ferry between islands in advance?

3. any suggestions on hotels (close to Rs 1000 per day)

4. any must items missed by me

Thanks! Cheers!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
542 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

1.;Itinerary-

day 1-arrival day-local sightseeing

day 2-Jolly Buoy(best for snorkeling) in morning while returning from there you may visit Chidiya Tapu.

day 3-Havelock-Radhanagar Beach.

day4-Havelock-Elephant beach in morning/Scuba Diving.Evening-Kaala Pathar.

day 5-Neil island from Havelock.

day 6-return to PB.

day 7-Baratang Island including Limestone Cave

2.Booking Ferry-

PB-Havelock-

You will get govt ferry ticket 2days advance.You can purchase ticket either from travel agent or go directly to DSS counter.

If you are interested to travel by Makruzz you have to book well in adv.Online booking is also available.

Havelock-Neil/PB-

From Havelock Jetty.

3.Hotels-

PB-Andaman Teal House

Havelock-Cross Bill,Eco-Villa

Neil-Tango beach resort.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
48 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

Thanks a lot, remi! i appreciate your inputs.

I have distributed the 7 days exactly as you have suggested, but have sequenced Havelock after Neil. Tango is on my list, with el dorado in Havelock and Diviyum and residency in Port blair - trust nothing negative about them.

Just one question: How many hrs should I earmark for Baratang Island including Limestone Cave, staying in Port Blair?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
542 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

You have to keep a whole day for Baratang visit.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

Hi,

I am visiting Andamans on 21Jan 13 from kolkatta by Morning flt and departing on 28Jan13 by morning flt:- Pl guide me for my 7 days stay at Andamans:-

21Jan13 Day1. Vis Cellular jail, sound and light show in the evening. Ferry to Ross/Viper Islands. Fish Aquarium and Cottage industries/Sagarika Shopping arcade.

22-23 Jan13 Day2and 3. Depart for Havelock Islands by Makruzz and night stay in Radhanagar beach/Dolphin Resort. Travel around Havelock Islands- Elephant beach and Kalapathar.

24Jan13 Day4. Depart for Neil Islandsfrom Havelock in the early morning around 0900hrs. Ni stay at Neil Islands- Sitapur beach or any near by budget clean and good hotel.

25Jan13Day5. Depart from Neil Islands in the morning and reach Portblair. Local sight seeing in Port Blair. The ones i could not do on 21 Jan13.

26 Jan13Day6. Depart for Baratang islands. Ni stay if required or else return to Portblair.

27Jan13Day7. Visit Chidiya Tapu, Jolly Bouy..return to Portblair.

I would like to do scuba diving/ snorkelling at Jolly Bouy Islands if not done before.

Pl let me know whether this plan is ok

28Jan13. Depart for Kolkatta.

I am travelling with my wife and a four year old daughter.

Regards,

Abhik

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
542 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

Yes your plan is good.Covering almost everything.

Go for scuba diving at Havelock.Snorkeling is good at Jolly Buo

Edited: 16 January 2013, 09:05
Port Blair, India
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

Hello Abhik,

Your tour program looks good but very tough for your little Angel.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

There are private boats belonging to the locals out there. Hire them for the day and see more. We are sailing there so we may see you. Our boat is sv

Morning Star

Port Blair, India
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

you can contact us on 9932086666 we are doing hotel bookings in Port blair and havelock hotels ranging from 1000-8000/- per night , Also non A/C or A/C car available for Pick up drop and sightseeing , tickets will be done by us.

9. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2013, 16:03
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Low budget tour of Andamans

hello, Let me clarify one thing that the only way to reach baratang by road is passing through Tribal Zone (Restricted Area between Jirkatang to Middle Straight) and as per Supreme courts order till next hearing on 24th Feb NO TOURISTS OR TOURISM ACTIVITIES allowed inside tribal zone.

Its not possible to reach Baratang and Back same day by ferry service.

Else I suggest Visit North Bay and try Sea Walk. That will be a great experience.

Edited: 16 February 2013, 14:02