We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali to Dharamshala / Dalhousie

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Manali to Dharamshala / Dalhousie

Hi,

I am making a trip to Manali (reaching 4th June, morning), Family with kids.

I am looking at covering Dharamshala/Dalhousie towards the end of this trip. I have planned for leaving Manali on 6th night or 7th morning - overnight in Dharamshala. And then do Dalhousie (planning to stay in Khajjiar) on 8th & 9th - whatever I can cover.

I have booked myself from Pathankot Cantt (23:05) to Delhi on 9th June.

I need guidance for the following:

1) Journey from Manali - Dharamshala / Dalhousie (6th Night / 7th Morning) - preferred night journey (Bus) if available - .

2) If I get to travel on 6th night, should I spend a night in Dharamshala or move to Khejjiar and spend two nights there.

I do not have anything in mind for Dharamshala/Dalhousie - so please suggest whatever you think is best suited.

Do let me know the transport options from Manali too.

Manali, India
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali to Dharamshala / Dalhousie

Hi,

4 June :- Rohtang Pass - back to manali - relax/shopping - where you can enjoy snow biking, skiing, Paragliding, horse riding etc.

5 June:-.Haripur fish farm, Nagar Castle, Roerich Art gallery & museum, Kais Monastery, white water rafting at kullu enroute to manali.

6 June:- Solang Valley for ropeway, Local sightseeing - vashisht temple, hadimba temple and shopping at mall road. Overnight journey to Dharamshala.

7 June:- Reach Dharamsala - Norbulingka Institute, Aryan Yoga & Reiki Center, Jwalamukhi Devi Temple, Dalai Lama Temple complex, HPCA stadium, Tsechokling Gompa, Gyuto Monastery, Kangra valley. Chamunda Nandikeshwar Temple, Tsuglag Kang, Church of st.john, Aghanjar Mahadev Temple, Bhagsu Waterfall, Masroor Rock cut temple, Tibetian school of arts, Dharamsala war memorial, Tea gardens. (choose whatever you want to cover)

8 June:- on an overnight journey Reach Dalhousie - visit panjpulla, subash baoli, bakrota hills, dainkund. Kalatop kajjiar sanctuary and lake, Rang Mahal, Satdhara falls, Chamunda devi temple.

9 June:- Board to your destination.

2. Re: Manali to Dharamshala / Dalhousie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16