We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

I am planning a very short trip to Dalhousie in mid-Sept this year. Shall be reaching Dalhousie from Pathankot on Saturday by 12 noon and returning on Sunday evening.

Pl suggest the following:

1. Best way to reach from Pathankot to Dalhousie (with avg. cost)

2. A short trip itinerary for places to visit in Dalhousie given the time limitation I have.

3. I would like to visit Khajjiar also. Is it possible to cover both Dalhousie and Khajjiar in 2D/ 1N trip?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,966 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

Bus/Taxi available from Pathankot to Dalhousie.

D1 Arr Dalhousie, afternoon - strolling on Subhas Chowk, Church etc.

D2 Start for Khajjiar by 8 a.m. back to Dalhousie by 3 p.m. and transfer to Pathankot.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 18:12
2. Re: 2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 10:05
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

Hi Ashish da,

i remember u helped with Kashmir itinerary. can u help me gain with below trip??

can you help me with this?

I am planning to visit Mcleod Ganj and nearby area in october.

1) Any idea how is weather in Oct?

2) I am planning following itinerary:

2nd Oct- Reach McD at around 11am. Relax and local siteseeing, Dharamshala visit

3rd oct- morning start to Billing/Palampur. Full day siteseeing and come back to McD

4th Oct- morning start to Dalhousie. relax in Dalhousi and local area explore

5th Oct - morning Khajjiar visit, night stay and next day morning start to return to Delhi.

3) 2 & 3rd Oct night, want to stay in McD. Is it okay or shall we stay in Biling or palampur for one night??

4) is the trip hectic or what u think??

5) We will be self driving in own cars.

Suggest us.

rgds/Yuvraj

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,966 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

yuvraj1979

Weather is likely to be friendly in October in Himachal. The itinerary seems okay. May add Chamera Lake and Dainikund in Dalhousie s/s (4/10). Palampur is convenient in day trip from Mcleodganj. The proposed plan seems not hectic.

Edited: 01 September 2014, 08:42
5. Re: 2D/1N in Dalhousie - Suggest Places to Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Dalhousie