We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Hyderabad, Andhra...
1 post
Save Topic
Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Hello guys,

Please can someone help in updating the latest travel route from mangalore to coorg. We will be travelling on 30th June 2012 from mangalore. An earliest response is highly appreciated !!!

Vivek

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Hi...

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

The direct route is Mangalore - Puttur - Sulya - Madikeri highway. When I traveled this route last year, there were road laying works going on after Sulya. Those would have been completed by now or if it were going on also, the drive was okay, just that you need to go slow for some 20 kms.

Regards

Prasanna

india
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

hi prasanna,

i have read a couple of your replies. i rest your help with some information on the drive from mangalore to madikeri. i will be traveling with my wife and 2 year old child in mid august. how are the road conditions now and what do you think would be the approx driving time from mangalore airport?

also any idea of the rates for a AC innova car? any other tips? what do you think about the rains situation? we land in mangalore airport at 12.30 in the afternoon.

thanks in advance

vikas

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Hi Vikas,

I think there a little work left to be completed ahead of Sulya. Mangalore to Madikeri should take you approx 4 hrs for travel. An Innova should cost around Rs.2000 a day. Refer my previous posts in this forum for even more information.

Regards

Prasanna

mumbai
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Hi Prasanna / Vikas,

Please help me with the road updates from Mangalore to Coorg? I would be travelling in Dec with one year old kid. Some body told me it take 8hr from Mangalore to Coorg since roads are bad. Would really appreciate for the help.

Regards,

Harshita

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

We want to reach Madikeri in Feb 2013 from mangalore .

How is the road now. Time taken now a days. .

Is it better to come via Bangalore.?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Bad.. It should take around 6 hours. If you have an option through Bangalore or Mysore, it is better.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Many thanks dear for the info.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Hi

Can you suggest where to approach for car drop from Mangalore airport to Thaneerhulla, Pollibetta-Coorg? Is it advisable to book online? As have no idea of their services and rates.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

Thanks for the info.

I thought Mangalore to Coorg takes between 3 to 4 hours only.

And Bangalore to Coorg takes about 7-8 hours.

I am planning to travel with a 7 month old kid so was deciding which route to take. If Mangalore is 6 hours with bad roads and Bangalore is 8 hours with much better roads then I would go with Bangalore.

But if Mangalore is 4 hours with 1 hour of somewhat bad roads, then that would be preferred choice.

mumbai
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest updates on road travel from mangalore to coorg ??

hello sir ,

i m had planned my trip in the 1se week of march .. i m travelling from mangalore to coorg by road ..i just wanted to know is there any good places are there while going from route to coorg ..that we should visit before check in to hotel ,pls help me out ..thank u