We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must See..Taste Winery...

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Must See..Taste Winery...

So give me your lists of your favorite wineries. Our first trip, we want to do it right.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

We did all but 2 on the wine trail map last June & enjoyed each one for different reasons. Even the ones where the wine wasn't the best were fun to visit & do a tasting. The owners were all so friendly & seem to enjoy talking with visitors. Some were more upscale & some were like talking to your granddad, complete with a dog lying on the floor :)

There is a lovely restaurant in Ferrante's for lunch or a nice dinner.

I think the best way to do them is to split it up over 2 days. We're returning this summer & can't wait.

I do have two favorites but don't remember their names. They all kind of run together after visiting so many. We'll know them when we get there!

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

I agree with the previous post that each winery is unique. I live here and visit wineries mostly for the music. We enjoy our favorite bands and follow them. Ferrante's has a great Italian restaurant and award winning wine. If the weather is nice there is music and dancing outside. Most of the wineries have music and dancing outside in the summer. It also might depend on where you are staying and how much driving you want to do. Another fun winery is Firehouse at Geneva-on-the-Lake. You can sit right on the lake and watch the sunset, listen to great music and dance. Their wine is terrible but the view is worth it. You will also be right on the strip.

I am happy to answer any of your questions about this area.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

That's so funny! We thought their wine was terrible too :) Cute place though.

ohio
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

djad, was hoping i could help u since i have found your advice helpful on surf city, however this winery is not up north. Ravens Glen Winery & Restaurant in Coshocton County (not far off I-77).

They even do an "ice wine" (no not from frozen water, lol)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

Ravens Glen is well worth a stop if you are in the area.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

Thanks all. We haven't made the trip yet but hope to soon.

Leigh, glad to be of help on the Surf City forum, I love that place.

7. Re: Must See..Taste Winery...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Geneva on the Lake