We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Lodge Questions before we book!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
The Lodge Questions before we book!

Hi All! My husband and I are planning a third anniversary trip to the Lodge at Geneva in mid November.

There are a lot of packages offered, but since we have never been to the area I wasn't sure what to do. Is the restaurant at the hotel good? We could choose from a night stay and breakfast for $169 or that plus a bottle of wine, $50 dinner voucher, wine glasses and area map for $239. Not sure which one to pick?

Also, how do you go about reserving the shuttle? How often do the shuttles come and is there a charge? We would like to know the best wineries to go to!

Sorry If I asked a question that thousands of people have responded to, but I have a minute break from work and would like to book today.

Thanks!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

I can't answer your questions directly, but I would call the lodge and ask if the shuttle is available on the days that interest you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shuttle and some of the wineries are seasonal, and/or only available/open on weekends.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

Ok Thanks,

We are going up on a Saturday so Ill make sure I book only if the shuttle is available that day. I think Ive decided against the dinner combo and will just go with the breakfast buffet.

Geneva, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

The restaurant is typical lodge/hotel food. Good but about 25 percent higher than the local establishments. We really like Hil-Mak in Ashtabula Harbor for seafood and great steaks. Also several of the wineries/restaurant's are offering clam bakes starting this weekend.

Lake House B&B & winery has a nice restaurant and a spectacular deck for afternoon tastings.

Ferrante's winery has a very good restaurant.

Old Mill has good bar type food.

Old Mill, Spring Hill ,Grand River and

Laurello's all have live bands Friday and Saturday nights.

Chalet Debonet has a band Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

South River winery has a spectacular patio in the vineyard.

I think we will be going to Grand River Cellars Saturday night as there is a very good 60's band playing.

Also this Saturday afternoon several wineries are offering a cask tasting.

The harvest is going on right now so be sure to visit a couple of wineries on S. River Rd and savior the aroma of the ripe grapes in the afternoon.

Check here for address and web-sites. http://www.ohiowines.org/

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

Thank you, We are going in mid November so do you think they will still have events like this?

Geneva, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

Mid November, it may be sunny and 70 or it may be 30 and snowing. I think that several wineries offer a turkey-trot tasting several weekends in November, harvest will be over and the decks and will be closed subject to the weather that day. The wineries that have bands will still have bands.

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

Check out www.northcoastvoice.com which lists all the wineries and entertainment. I would get only the room at The Lodge and eat at one of the wineries...Ferrantes or Lake House Inn. However, The Lodge does have a nice restaurant. Their bar has enteratinment, too.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

Glad I saw this post! We are heading to Geneva on the Lake Lodge the 2nd weekend in November for our 10 year anniversary! I'm super excited!!!

We booked a package that was 2 nights, breakfast both mornings, a voucher to the on site restaurant and shuttle service to 5 local wineries with 2 wine samplers. Price was lower than most other resorts in 'touristy' destinations in Ohio.

Hoping the weather is decent!!!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

Kendall's mom, we are going to be there November 16th (Saturday) so we may run into you! Im very excited! We have the early shuttle booked for that day, is that when you booked? 1230?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

We're actually there the weekend of the 8th.

10. Re: The Lodge Questions before we book!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Geneva on the Lake