We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Matheran

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Matheran

What is the frequency of trains from Neral ,is there any advance reservation for the same,it is not found in net for booking .pl provide details.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Matheran

Hi,

During every monsoon the service is suspended. It may start in October. Now railway is thinking of running it for a short distance from the place where taxis leave passengers to the Matheran railway station even during the monsoon. That distance is short. So you can go by taxi upto a certain point and get a train from there. (there was a news item re running this train in monsoon.)

Sanjiv

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Matheran

Dear Mr Sanjiv ,Thank you very much for your information.Even if the train runs what will b the frequency i mean timings, because we cannot go by road to Matheran,the only option is train, if we know the timings, can book accordingly.pl suggest.

regards

Ramana kumar

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Matheran

This website has some info. I'm not sure whether its correct or not:

www.go4mumbai.com/Neral_Matheran_Rail.php

Also, see here:

indiarailinfo.com/search/…6675

Hope this helps..

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Matheran

Thanks Sandy...I will try

5. Re: Train to Matheran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Matheran