We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shillong tour

3 posts
Save Topic
Shillong tour

Hi..I want to visit Shillong from 21 Jan to 28 Jan wid my hubby.i want ask that whether it is safe to go there as there are so much roots in Darjeeling...and kindly suggest me a good iternity so that I can cover whole Shillong ,dwaki,kamakhya temple..and also suggest any must visit place if there...plzz help me plzz guys..

7 replies to this topic
Shillong, India
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shillong tour

Shivani no issues in these hills.

For so many days you can do a good meghalaya trip covering some of the more popular places

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shillong tour

You can try this itinerary, it covers all important destinations.

21 Jan: arrival, Guwahati - Umiam - Shillong (3 hrs)

22 Jan: Shillong

23 Jan: Shillong - Dawki (3 hrs) - Mawlynnong (2 hrs)

24 Jan: Mawlynnong - Cherrapunjee (3 hrs)

25 Jan: Cherrapunjee - Nongriat (3 hrs trek)

26 Jan: Nongriat - Cherrapunjee (3 hrs trek)

27 Jan: Cherrapunjee - Guwahati (5 hrs)

28 Jan: departure

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shillong tour

What are you looking for from this trip?

Kolkata
Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shillong tour

Hi Shivani -

Yes it is safe and no connection with Darjeeling. We just came back with my wife being 7 months pregnant and a baby of 4 years and we all enjoyed to our best. How many nights do want to stay? You could also add 1 night stay at Pobitora forest

For 5 nights you could keep your base at Shillong or 4 nights Shillong 1 night Cherrapunji and 1 night at Pobitora if you like wild life, however, if family and luggage than try staying at Shillong for 4 nights and 1 night at Pobitora wild life sanctuary. Thats close to guwahati and you could go there on the last night.

You could plan your itinerary accordingly:

Shillong -:

2 days depending on your arrival and energy left . Local sight seeing .. Don Bosco museum, Umiam lake, sacred forest , elephant falls ( could skipp if going to Cherrapunji), evening shopping at police bazar. Avoid wards lake to save time.

Cherrapunji :- seven sisters fall, Noikhalikai falls

Mawlynnong & Dawki.

You could stay at Hotel Polo towers as the food n location are great or hotel majestic both are located at polo bazar area and away from police bazar rush.

Try stayin at AC TENTS at Zizina Ottis resort at Pobitora jungle thats a nice experience.

Thanks

Faizan khan

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shillong tour

I want to see all falls,root bridge,mylong. Village,mawsami caves,umngot river,and whatever else which is good in Meghalaya..I think some places of Assam can also we cover.?? kindly suggest tour of 6 days..hws weather in mid Jan there??and tour cost of 2 people???

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Bhutan, Darjeeling, Sikkim, Lava, Loleygaon, Rishop
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shillong tour

Frankly speaking, there are lot to see in Meghalaya and you really cannot plan to cover everything within 6 days. May be you need 2 weeks for that.

Anyway with 6 days you can think of Meghalaya and Kamakhya (in Assam). Again there are lot too see in Assam too, so you have to mix and match.

Day 1 : Arrival at GAU. Visit Umananda, Kamakhya etc.

Day 2 ; Guwahati - Shillong & Shillong Sightseeing

Day 3 : Shillong - Dawki - Mawlynnong

Day 4 : Mawlynnong - Cherrapunji & Cherrapunji Sightseeing

Day 5 : Nongriat Trek (Double Decker Root Bridge)

Day 6 : Cherrapunji - Guwahati

The above itinerary covers all of the places you mentioned above and a lot more.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shillong tour

Weather in Jan is usually cold in Shillong and Sohra. But will be pleasant in places like Mawlynnong, Dawki and Shnongpdeng.

Tour costs will all depend on your budget

Reply to: Shillong tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted